Database help needed

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
builders

Database help needed

Post by builders »

Hi

A friend of mine tried to upgrade the phb forum version and he messed up the DB. The forum is not working anymore.
I need some professional help.

http://www.robuild.co.uk/forums/index.php

Thanks and Regards
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Database help needed

Post by Brf »

There are no professionals here, only volunteers.
If you have upgraded your board from 3.0 to 3.1 you will need to re-upload the install folder and then browse to the install/database_update.php
builders

Post by builders »

Hello Brf

Would you be interested in doing it ? Of course, you would be reimbursed for your time.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

It is a violation of this board's rules to solicit paid or unpaid private help for your board. If you look in the signatures of high post and Team members, you will see some who solicit for paid work and you may contact them by PM.

Or, you can provide details out your issue here and we will help you for free. Like, what "database problems".
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
builders

Post by builders »

Sorry , I wasn't aware of that. I can't provide details either because I don't have a clue what is wrong with the DB and I can't follow even simple instructions.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Error message? White screen? Smoke from monitor? If you know it isn't working, surely you can tel us what it is or isn't doing, relative to nol operation.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
builders

Post by builders »

All I know is that there is a problem with the DB.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

how do you know that? does it give an error message? if so, what is that error message? if it does not give you any error messages how do you know it is a problem with the database?

we need details or we can't possibly know what to tell you to fix whatever the problem is that you are having.

robert

Edit: if you are talking about this board: http://www.robuild.co.uk/forums/

I see the database error : Unknown column 't.topic_visibility'

that usually means that you have upgraded a 3.0 board to a 3.1 board but did not run the install/database_update.php file to its completion.

however, since there are no posts showing on your board at all but in the stats it says you have a lot of posts, I would assume that you did not update the old database properly to begin with.

please explain exactly what you did to get to this point.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”