Can not login to forum

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ScottieDog

Can not login to forum

Post by ScottieDog »

I have a strange problem, one I've not seen before.

Everything was fine until this morning, I logged in and made posts yesterday with no issue.

Today, upon logging in, I can see some error messages at the top of the page, then the page refreshes automatically back to the home login page where I remain "unlogged in".

What happens:

1) I put my user name and password, click "login".
2) Page changes saying "You've been successfully logged in" (but with the error messages showing on screenshot)
3) Then refreshes the pages back to where I am not logged in.

I just go round in circles.

Appreciate some advice.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 10.07.24 AM.png
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Can not login to forum

Post by KevC »

Your hosts have updated the version of php on the server and your board version is no longer compatible with that.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
ScottieDog

Post by ScottieDog »

How can i resolve this. I was going to login to the ACP to update the software etc, but can't login to do that.. I´m not even sure what version of phpbb I'm using, as can't login to see.

Thanks for the confirmation.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You don't need to get to the admin panel to update.

If you navigate to styles/prosilver/style.cfg it will tell you the board version.

You're probably running 3.0.8 or lower.

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
ScottieDog

Post by ScottieDog »

Thanks for confirming abut how to find the version, it is 3.0.7

Below is the form.

The one question i was not 100% sure on, is which version I upgraded from.. but I guess it was 3.0.6

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.7
What is your board's URL? http://www.bontrade.org/forum
Who do you host your board with? kvchosting
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.6
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver, Subsilver, XandGrey
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? I can't do this, as can't activate a test user
What password can be used to view this issue? No answer given
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? It seems that a hosting php upgrade has caused this.
Please describe your problem. I can not login, there is an error message when logging in, then it refreshes to a page where I am again not logged in.

Error Message::

trict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfkc() should not be called statically in /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1663
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4586

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4588

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4589

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/cheaprel/public_html/bontrade.org/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4590
Generated by SRT Generator
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

ScottieDog wrote:Do you have any MODs installed? No
You can just do a file replacement.
  1. Backup all board files and the database.
  2. Download the full package.
  3. Unzip to your desktop and open the phpBB3 folder.
  4. Remove (delete) the config.php file, and the /images and /files folders from the package.
  5. Via FTP or SSH upload the remaining files and folders to the root of your board installation on the server overwriting the existing files.
  6. In your browser go to http://www.example.com/yourforum/instal ... update.php
  7. Let that run to completion.
  8. Via FTP or SSH delete the /install folder from the root of your board installation.
  9. Done.
You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts.

Only use a good FTP or SSH client, such as FileZilla, to transfer the files. (File transfer utilities provided in host control panels can cause problems.)

Please note: Any 3rd party style (styles other than prosilver and subsilver2) will also require updating, style and board versions must match.
Cheap UK Hosting
ScottieDog

Post by ScottieDog »

should i update with the 3.0.14 or go for the very latest 3.1.9?

cheers
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

That's up to you.

With 3.1.x you'll lose the style you're running. But note that support for 3.0 will finish at the end of this year.
Cheap UK Hosting
ScottieDog

Post by ScottieDog »

Thanks for everything. Did as you said and its sorted!

Now running 3.0.14 so I can keep the current theme. Will find a newer theme and roll over to the latest 3.1version over the coming months.

Thanks again for your help. Service is exceptional here.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”