Multiple antispam questions on registration?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
postcd

Multiple antispam questions on registration?

Post by postcd » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:21 pm

Hello,

i would like to add some kind of survey to the registration form and only if all questions correctly filled, it will proceed. Which simple/compatible solution would You recommend?

Is there any already made Javascript only way and is it good way to go?

---------
Good to read: Preventing Spam in phpBB3
I have Health Forum and also webmaster Hosting Forum. Interested in making money? Try money maker forum.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Multiple antispam questions on registration?

Post by KevC » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:00 pm

MOD requests for 3.0 are no longer allowed. If you can't find it in existence already you'll need to think about upgrading to 3.1 and making an extension request.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

postcd

Re: Multiple antispam questions on registration?

Post by postcd » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Thx, maybe already exist such a mod, i just not found it
Here is one workaround (only for numeric answers or recognition based on string length):

- Go to AdminCP/Users and Groups/Custom profile fields
- Create new field and Activate it. Inside tick only:
Display on registration screen:
Required field:
Field name: Antipam
Field description (example): Please solve this mathematic question: How much is *f0ur* pl-us *0Ne* ?

- Save

- Click Add profile type specific options
and add expected answer to question.

- Then edit file /language/en(or_your_language)/ucp.php

replace:

Code: Select all

'FIELD_TOO_SMALL'                                       => 'The value of ▒~@~\%1$s▒~@~] is too small, a minimum value of %2$d is required.',
        'FIELD_TOO_LARGE'                                       => 'The value of ▒~@~\%1$s▒~@~] is too large, a maximum value of %2$d is allowed.',
by:

Code: Select all

'FIELD_TOO_SMALL'                                       => 'The value of ▒~@~\%1$s▒~@~] is not equal to what is expected, please try to correct it or contact admin.',
        'FIELD_TOO_LARGE'                                       => 'The value of ▒~@~\%1$s▒~@~] is not equal to what is expected, please try to correct it or contact admin.',
to prevent exposing which numeric answer we want to see

REPEAT for other questions. Logout and test registration. Add recaptcha or similar as 2nd layer protection (AdminCP/Spambot countermeasures).
I have Health Forum and also webmaster Hosting Forum. Interested in making money? Try money maker forum.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”