Delete multiple account by email

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Vastasia2016

Delete multiple account by email

Post by Vastasia2016 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:04 am

Hi there,

I have a problem. I have the necessity to erase simultaneously several accounts but the system allows to do this only with user name, not by email.

Here, I need to erase simultaneously several accounts of which I know the email. It's possible to do it? Thank you.

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: Delete multiple account by email

Post by canonknipser » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:39 am

You can search the username giving the email in the search form, collect the usernames and write them into the "delete"-Form
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:11 pm

canonknipser wrote:write them into the "delete"-Form
The Find-a-Member search page automatically puts the usernames into the box for you when you checkmark them after searching by Email.

Vastasia2016

Post by Vastasia2016 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks for the answers, but your suggestions would be helpful if users were few, but I want to erase 170.

I wish there was a faster method, or MOD that made this work.

I explain the problem.

Users who register in the forum will also sign up to the newsletter. Every time I go to look at the unsubscriptions on newsletter platform and download list of this email. Here, I would like to have a tool that allows me to cancel dozens (or hundreds) of users using their email.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:39 am

ACP > Users and groups > User security > Prune users: both Username and E-mail accept wildcards: enter *, then click Submit button. This will list all users. You can use this more sophisiticated, like *@g*mail.* or *smith.

If you want to
  1. enter multiple e-mail addresses (search patterns) and/or
  2. enter multiple usernames (search patterns) and/or
  3. see e-mail addresses in the list to confirm, along with checkboxes to tick off individual matching users
then say which of those you want and I'll give you instructions on how to modify that ACP module.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Vastasia2016

Post by Vastasia2016 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:55 am

AmigoJack wrote:ACP > Users and groups > User security > Prune users: both Username and E-mail accept wildcards: enter *, then click Submit button. This will list all users. You can use this more sophisiticated, like *@g*mail.* or *smith.

If you want to
  1. enter multiple e-mail addresses (search patterns) and/or
  2. enter multiple usernames (search patterns) and/or
  3. see e-mail addresses in the list to confirm, along with checkboxes to tick off individual matching users
then say which of those you want and I'll give you instructions on how to modify that ACP module.
Hi AmigoJack,

I already knew the possibilities that you have written to me, but I wanted a more flexible tool such as, for example, enter a list of email (all very different from each other in order to use the wildcard character) and delete all users corresponding to those emails. Unfortunately this type of tool is not provided in the board.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:01 am

I don't understand: option a) from my suggestions would do that to you, yet you chose none of them.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”