[split from] locked out of my own forum!!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Martie

[split from] locked out of my own forum!!

Post by Martie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:56 am

Oyabun1 wrote:
Adam D wrote:Took me a little bit to figure out exactly how to run that query
Since you were already messing around in the database I assumed you knew how to at least run a query. You shouldn't make any changes directly to the database unless you know precisely what you are doing and the ramifications, because you can do serious damage to the board.

Provided you are using the username Adam and the email address is correct then the I forgot my password function should work.

If not, you can use this query, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP. Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@yourdomain.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to update the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn’t change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the “Registered users” group, so it won’t have normal access to your forums).
Same thing just happened to me. I've been locked out for some reason and I haven't changed my password. It's really weird.

As someone who doesn't know about running SQL Queries is there a tutorial you could point me to? As I don't want to mess up my databases and stuff. Thanks.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [split from] locked out of my own forum!!

Post by KevC » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:05 am

Are you actually using phpBB3.0?
The query is different if you're using 3.1.

Do you have access to the database?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: [split from] locked out of my own forum!!

Post by stevemaury » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin

But first, as Kevin said, we need to know your version of phpBB.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”