Update 3.0.12 to 3.1.10

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
niconeo

Update 3.0.12 to 3.1.10

Post by niconeo »

Dear guys,

I have my own server and I install manually phpBB 3.0.12 by sftp (I have no ftp server, automatic update is not possible).
I would like to know if it is exist a way to update my old version to the last version without losing data.
I searched on the forum but I think each version as different ?

Thanks for your help.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Update 3.0.12 to 3.1.10

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Upgrading from phpbb 3.0.x to phpbb 3.1.x
  • Your server must be running at least PHP 5.3.3 and less than PHP 7
  • Most MODs for 3.0.x are incompatible with 3.1.x and their functionality will be removed in the update process.
  • Styles for 3.0.x cannot be installed or used on 3.1.x.
  1. Backup up your board's files and database
  2. Download the Support Toolkit. Install it and run the database cleaner to remove all old MODs from the database.
  3. Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
  4. Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
  5. Set British English as the only language pack
  6. Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
    • The config.php file
    • The /images/ directory
    • The /files/ directory
  7. Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.1.x Full Package (EXCEPT for config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original config.php file)
  8. Browse to yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/install/database_update.php and keep clicking the continue button until it says it is finished. This will take a long time on a large board, maybe hours. Dont give up.
  9. Delete the folder named /install/
  10. Hold one foot in the air and spin around in a circle three times saying "I am a phpbb guru".
if you can install using sftp then you do have a ftp server, you just access it using sftp.
either way, the instructions above is what you need to do.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
niconeo

Post by niconeo »

Yaouh, thanks a lot for this quick reply, I will try to process to upgrade. ;)
niconeo

Post by niconeo »

Dear Sir,

I'm blocked to step 8. You can find in attached a screenshot and apache error.log . Could you help me to solve this problem please ?

I tried to change chmod 777 the phpbb/db directory but the problem are still here.
[Wed Nov 16 17:41:35.205819 2016] [:error] [pid 11250] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:54195] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Unable to write to migrator log file' in /home/xxx/public_html/a/wob/phpbb/db/log_wrapper_migrator_output_handler.php:67\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/xxx/public_html/a/wob/phpbb/db/log_wrapper_migrator_output_handler.php(51): phpbb\\db\\log_wrapper_migrator_output_handler->file_open('./../store/migr...')\n#1 /home/xxx/public_html/a/wob/install/database_update.php(176): phpbb\\db\\log_wrapper_migrator_output_handler->__construct(Object(phpbb\\user), Object(phpbb\\db\\html_migrator_output_handler), './../store/migr...')\n#2 {main}\n thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/a/wob/phpbb/db/log_wrapper_migrator_output_handler.php on line 67
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2016-11-16 à 18.41.42.png
niconeo

Post by niconeo »

I saw in source code that folder "store", "phpbb" and "cache" need to 777. Problem fixed. I continue ;)
niconeo

Post by niconeo »

it's done ! "I am a phpbb guru" , thank you for your help ! :D :) ;) :mrgreen: :geek:
tadatada

Post by tadatada »

Hi there,

also trying to upgrade from 10.0.14 to 3.1

In step 8, I don't see any button just a blank page :( I kept refreshing the page endlessly but nothing happened .

Any ideas?

Anne
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

don't refresh, just wait. it sometimes takes a long time for it to finish that step before you get a continue button.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
tadatada

Post by tadatada »

Thanks, Robert. Unfortunately, that does not help either. Anyway, I've been asked to open a new topic by the admins and will do so. However, I'm trying out a couple of things before i do that.
Anne
tadatada

Post by tadatada »

OK, I got it 8-) Seems that the upload did not work correctly, I repeated the upload and then everything went fine.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”