Time spent on PHP is too long

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
lochness

Time spent on PHP is too long

Post by lochness » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.12
What is your board's URL? http://www.abretelibro.com/foro/index.php
Who do you host your board with? Linode
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0-B1
What MODs do you have installed? I don't remember anyymore which ones have been installed, but I recall calendar, fast review, rss atom feed... The latest one I installed and then uninstall is shadow mod, but that was many months ago.
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver and Subsilver2
What language(s) is your board currently using? English and Spanish
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Nothing that I know. It started on November 7th. One month earlier the server was moved to double ram.
Please describe your problem. The forum started going pretty slow November 7th. I tried checking the database, started and stopped it. I asked my host and they told me that they found the following error "Out of memory: Kill process 18330 (mysqld) score 16 or sacrifice child
Killed process 18330 (mysqld) total-vm:1060420kB, anon-rss:66284kB, file-rss:10592kB, shmem-rss:0kB" and that is likely related to the MySQL configuration.

I have uncommented debug mode and this is what I'm getting, which doesn't look like mysql.
Page generated in 10.9047 seconds with 16 queries + 3 queries returning data from cache
Time spent on mysqli queries: 0.00475s | Time spent on PHP: 10.89998s
Page generated in 10.5991 seconds with 24 queries + 7 queries returning data from cache
Time spent on mysqli queries: 0.00943s | Time spent on PHP: 10.58969s

Sending an mp without issues the message is
Page generated in 0.0393 seconds with 16 queries + 4 queries returning data from cache
Time spent on mysqli queries: 0.00628s | Time spent on PHP: 0.03306s

The delay is always between query #1 and #2
Generated by SRT Generator

AmigoJack

Re: Time spent on PHP is too long

Post by AmigoJack » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 am

You have to more precisely describe what "slow" means: I can browse thru your board easily by viewing the index, a forum, and a topic. None of that needs more than 1 second. By trying out things yourself you'd also be able to track down the culprit, which most supposely is one of your MODs.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████

lochness

Re: Time spent on PHP is too long

Post by lochness » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:18 pm

By slow I meant
lochness wrote:Page generated in 10.9047 seconds
The 22 it came back to normal. I started downloading back the files in the phpBB folder and the index returned a message from Nod, so I overwrote it on the 21st.

I'm not sure it was related or not, since it took some hours, almost 24, after that to return to normal.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”