add user from the admin panel is available as an extension,
so is tapatalk although it is not needed since 3.1 is responsive and works in smaller devices just fine,
tapatalk is also know for causing some problems with phpbb
I believe there is a paypal donation extension already.
I am not sure what a "birthday mod " is. phpbb has birthdays as default.
I would suggest that you install 3.1 according to the instructions . that will remove all MODs from the database.
it will also replace all files with current 3.1 files so that removes all MODs from the files.
then see what your needs are for adding extensions. I would suggest installing the add user one and maybe the paypal one to start with.
then see what your members require.
Upgrading from phpbb 3.0.x to phpbb 3.1.x
- Your server must be running at least PHP 5.3.3 and less than PHP 7
- Most MODs for 3.0.x are incompatible with 3.1.x and their functionality will be removed in the update process.
- Styles for 3.0.x cannot be installed or used on 3.1.x.
- Backup up your board's files and database
- Download the Support Toolkit. Install it and run the database cleaner to remove all old MODs from the database.
- Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
- Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
- Set British English as the only language pack
- Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
- Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.1.x Full Package (EXCEPT for
config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original
- Browse to
yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/install/database_update.php and keep clicking the continue button until it says it is finished. This will take a long time on a large board, maybe hours. Dont give up.
- Delete the folder named
- Hold one foot in the air and spin around in a circle three times saying "I am a phpbb guru".