Help with user notice or forum rules notice

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
htmanning

Help with user notice or forum rules notice

Post by htmanning »

I posted a user notice on my forum and I can't for the life of me figure out how I did it. I need to remove it. I don't see anything in the Admin section regarding this. I have searched all files and cannot find the text in the notice. I believe it's probably referred to as S_USER_NOTICE in the code. I'm attaching a screen cap.

It shows up much like the red "Forum Rules" section in this forum just above this message. How the heck do you set that?
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 9.35.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 9.35.30 AM.png (28.76 KiB) Viewed 825 times
I'm completely stumped.

I edited /language/en/common.php and I can change the title of Forum Rules to "Important" by changing 'FORUM_RULES' but I cannot find the next line of text anywhere. It does not exist on the server in its current form.

The following is what I have in common.php. As you can see, the word important is there but the rest is not.
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 9.56.02 AM.png
The FORUM_RULES_LINK section is replaced by different text above and I can't find it anywhere. How do I disable the notice completely?
Last edited by htmanning on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Help with user notice or forum rules notice

Post by Brf »

That is the "Forum Rules", which you set at the bottom of the Edit Forum page for each forum.
htmanning

Re: Help with user notice or forum rules notice

Post by htmanning »

Unbelievable! Thank you.

Such a pain to find that thing.

Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”