3.0 to 3.1 malfunction displays white screens

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
chadrt78

3.0 to 3.1 malfunction displays white screens

Post by chadrt78 »

OK so I meticulously followed the instructions located here https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/ with minor exception. When I ran my zip command on the CLI I inadvertently left out the -r flag so I dont have a complete backup. :cry: Thankfully I can still use the db backup from previous and the old forum software download. But this is not a good solution!!!

After the files were placed I ran the phpbbcli.php command to upgrade the databse:
Database updater has completed!

Then I went to the sites main page and it is a blank... I have confirmed the presence of the config.php file and its contents are the same as backup version. Since I happen to have the backup of the main files just no recursive within the directories.

Edit:
I can visit any PHP page whether or not it is actually contained in the BB system and it shows a blank page. I tried all the installer pages and they do the same thing. This is terrible, I feel like crying this is a decent sized site with hundreds of members.

Edit 2:
I tried to download the entire package again following the directions for the removal of the folders and the config.php file then I reuploaded the folders and files but it does the same thing. (Thinking something got corrupted in transfer.)

Edit 3:
I have checked all the permissions trying to make it ok again nothing found there either.
Last edited by chadrt78 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: 3.0 to 3.1 malfunction displays white screens

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

link to the board please.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
chadrt78

Post by chadrt78 »

allstarnode.com
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

your php version is too old.

go to your hosting control panel and see if you can update to php 5.4 or 5.5 etc.
if you can't do it then contact your host .
must be higher than 5.3.3 but less than 7.0

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”