error "you are not logged as ....."

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Re: error "you are not logged as ....."

Post by Noxwizard »

What kind of modifications have you made to the board and what exactly did you do to fix the guest user account?
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
lylew

Post by lylew »

Noxwizard wrote:What kind of modifications have you made to the board and what exactly did you do to fix the guest user account?
1. Notified by dotEasy to remove what they felt were spam accounts. I was told that I could do that with phpMyAdmin. I brought up the users table and individually deleted a number of accounts as suggested. Most all the bot accounts and those I was 100 sure of being bogus. Also whacked the Anonymous account. That made the forum stop working.
2. Did a lot of looking for answers on this site and anywhere I could find the error. Came across the need for the Anonymous account. First, I simply copied my account and renamed it. The forum started working again. A couple of hours later, I thought better of this and eventually found the script on this site to recreate the Anonymous account. I deleted the first one, recreated with the script. At that point, I don't know if things still worked or not. Ran some errands.
3. a few hours later, tried to sign on and could not. So what ever happened in #2 killed it again. Since that time,
a. doteasy has tried several times to reinstall, upgrade - several things with no luck.
b. Truncated the sessions and sessions_key tables - but apparently deleted the _keys table. That was put back with help from post above.
c. cookie domain was fixed

I have a backup that unfortunately was after I deleted the users. I tried to restore it and it apparently did not do anything. Just a white screen for a long time then an an error message.

This is basically where we are sitting right now.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Does the Anonymous user show up in the ACP? Is it a member of the Guests group and no other? Does it have the Guest access permission role?

P.S. - NEVER delete users directly from the database.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

best advice I can give you is not to take any more advice from the support people at doteasy.
;)

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard »

That's not quite what I was looking for. Do you have any MODifications installed? What script did you use to fix the account?
lylew

Post by lylew »

stevemaury wrote:Does the Anonymous user show up in the ACP? Is it a member of the Guests group and no other? Does it have the Guest access permission role?

P.S. - NEVER delete users directly from the database.
I cannot get to anything on the forum. Can't get to ACP
lylew

Post by lylew »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:best advice I can give you is not to take any more advice from the support people at doteasy.
;)

robert
Well, that is a lesson already learned.
lylew

Post by lylew »

Noxwizard wrote:That's not quite what I was looking for. Do you have any MODifications installed? What script did you use to fix the account?
As far as I know no MODs have been installed in quite some time. Probably two years since any may have been done. The script came from a post on this site:

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_allow_massemail) VALUES (2, 1, 'Anonymous', 'anonymous', 0, '', '', 'en', 1, 0, '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0);
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard »

If that was the query used, then the account was created with the wrong user ID. It needs to have a user ID of 1. You should use this query instead:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_allow_massemail) VALUES (1, 2, 1, 'Anonymous', 'anonymous', 0, '', '', 'en', 1, 0, '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0);
lylew

Post by lylew »

Noxwizard wrote:If that was the query used, then the account was created with the wrong user ID. It needs to have a user ID of 1. You should use this query instead:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_allow_massemail) VALUES (1, 2, 1, 'Anonymous', 'anonymous', 0, '', '', 'en', 1, 0, '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0);
That seems to have fixed it! Sheesh....Thank you so much. Now we have to figure out how to apply upgrades to get off this version.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”