Problems Migrating phpBB

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
jsachs

Problems Migrating phpBB

Post by jsachs »

We have a long-standing phpBB message board that I am trying to migrate to a new host. The old phpBB is version 3.0.8 -- if I do a 1-click install of phpBB on the new host I get version 3.0.13.

I was able to follow the knowledge base article "Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain" almost all the way to the end, having successfully transferred all the files, backed up the database, restored the database with bigdump, restored the files, edited config.php, but ran into problems with the section called "Updating your database". The instructions in this section are vague. Where do I get the install folder to upload. I tried the one from 3.0.14 but it gave errors not finding include/startup.php.

What is the best way to proceed?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Sachs
sceptre

Re: Problems Migrating phpBB

Post by sceptre »

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Problems Migrating phpBB

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you get that error it means that you did not upload all the files properly or that the one click install missed that one.

download all the files from the link given above, unzip it. upload all the files except for the config.php file to your server letting them overwrite what is there.
then, run the install/database_update.php file and you are done.

then, you might as well get ready to upgrade to 3.2 as it will be final in a week and 3.0 has reached end of life and support for it will go away at the end of this week.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”