Image Thumbnails

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
jfade

Image Thumbnails

Post by jfade » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:29 pm

Just a quick question: on the test board I set up, the image thumbnails seem to work fine except for one thing: images that are smaller than 400 pixels seem to be getting sized up for the thumbnail.

For example, we had a png image of dimensions 256x256, and of size 52.45 KB, and the image thumbnail is 400x400 and 46.27 KB big. Smaller, yes, but it seems like it shouldn't make a larger, more distorted image for the thumbnail of an image.

Is there a way in the ACP (I've looked all over, up and down the attachment section) to specify the minimum dimensions an image needs to be before being made into a thumbnail, or at least to specify how big you want the thumbnails to be? I saw the minimum file size for a thumbnail to be made, but I'd rather specify dimensions if at all possible. (Personally I think something like 150-250 pixels wide by however tall would be nice, but that's probably just me.) At the moment, it seems to be setting all the thumbnails to 400 pixels wide by whatever height.

Thanks in advance! :)

cheater512

Post by cheater512 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:41 pm

How did you get a 256x256 image to be 52kb?

I think the only method to prevent it thumbnailing is on size of the file.

jfade

Post by jfade » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:50 pm

Drat, I was afraid of that. :-/

As far as where the image came from, another admin uploaded it, so they'd be able to tell you how it got that big. :P Of course, this may be the off image that occasionally messes up the thumbnails. I suppose I could set it to 60 KB before being thumbnailed...

Oh well, thanks for the info, I'll play around with settings and such. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”