Move phpBB folder to another subdomain but same domain

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ste84ven

Move phpBB folder to another subdomain but same domain

Post by ste84ven » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:14 am

I have a simple question. If I move my phpBB folder to another subdomain though it is still under the same domain name, would it give me trouble? Because I'm planning to have a beta.awardspace.com for this beta release of phpBB3, and move to final.awardspace.com after it has reached its final version.
If there will be any problem, how I can overcome it? Thanks

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:17 am

If you are thinking of running Olympus as a live version phpBB strongly suggests that you wait untill Olympus has reached Gold before you do use it in a production enviroment :)

Mark

ste84ven

Post by ste84ven » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:21 am

That's why I'm planning to test it first. However, if I found out that this version is stable enough, I am planning to just copy the phpBB3 folder to my other subdomain, so I don't have to start from scratch configuring my forum.
So my question is will there be any error if I just copy phpBB3 between subdoamains? or I have to make some changes when move phpBB3 folder to somewhere else?

naderman
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Nils Adermann

Post by naderman » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:31 am

As long as you don't use any of the server url overwriting options it should just work.
I appreciate gifts from my Amazon wishlist.
naderman.de twitter: @naderman

ste84ven

Post by ste84ven » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:39 am

All right, thanks. I am actually trying to install phpBB3 now, so wish me luck. I am really eager to try it out. Thanks for all the developers for your hard working. I think that to provide such an awesome piece of web application for free is realy awesome. Salute for you guys (I mentioned this after reading "What the heck!" topic that has been locked now).
Open source software will always be better b'cause:
* The testing team is ALL of us, not just the developers, so chances to find the tiniest bug is really big
* There will be a lot of contributors.
* The application can be customized adjusting the needs, therefore there will be more users of phpBB3.
Well, that's just my random thought. Anyway, thanks dev team (and all other teams involved)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”