Page 1 of 1

Post Drafting

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:44 pm
by onigumo
This one seems to be enabled by default. What exactly does it do and how would I disable it?

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:32 pm
by Prince of phpbb
As the name suggests .. its something where u can 'draft' your 'posts' .. like saving your posts that u want to edit later .. continue .. or even some message u wanna keep in a record for later use .. ;) n about disabling it .. i think its not possible .. :roll:

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:00 pm
by onigumo
I see.

When you choose to "Save" a post (which I assume to be part of the post drafting feature), does your post appear to all members as "Under Construction" or something like that, or does it not appear to any members but the one doing the drafting until he chooses to reveal it?

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:08 pm
by Wo1f
Hi onigumo,

This feature is based on the mod "Save posts as Draft" by asinsheq, and to be specific, the draft is only visible to the draftee, until it it finally posted. This feature can also be used to save templates or "canned" replies. Very useful.

Regards,
Wolf

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:23 pm
by onigumo
Wo1f wrote: . . .and to be specific, the draft is only visible to the draftee, until it it finally posted. This feature can also be used to save templates or "canned" replies. Very useful.


Ah, in that case, I not only not have a problem with it, but I like it.

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:13 pm
by MHobbit
Wo1f wrote: This feature is based on the mod "Save posts as Draft" by asinsheq, and to be specific, the draft is only visible to the draftee, until it it finally posted. This feature can also be used to save templates or "canned" replies. Very useful.


Feature-wise, but not code-wise.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:28 am
by onigumo
MennoniteHobbit wrote: Feature-wise, but not code-wise.


Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean?

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:36 am
by karlsemple
onigumo wrote:
MennoniteHobbit wrote:Feature-wise, but not code-wise.


Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean?



it means the idea was taken from the mod mentioned above in terms of what it does and what features it has, however in phpbb3 it has been written from the scratch as obvioulsy they can not use the code from a phpbb2 mod in phpbb3 :)

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:58 am
by pentapenguin
onigumo wrote: I see.

When you choose to "Save" a post (which I assume to be part of the post drafting feature), does your post appear to all members as "Under Construction" or something like that, or does it not appear to any members but the one doing the drafting until he chooses to reveal it?

You can go to User Control Panel -> Overview -> Saved drafts to see all of them in case you didn't know....

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:17 am
by onigumo
@ karlsemple: In that case, I was totally thinking it meant something else.

@ pentapenguin: I didn't. I'm greatful for the info. I'm learning a lot about this new phpBB and I'm now more confident in upgrading.