Wat does 'Enable active topics' do?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Toho_NL

Wat does 'Enable active topics' do?

Post by Toho_NL » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:29 pm

Hi,

I installed V3.0 beta 1 for testing purposes and I an wondering what the function 'Enable active topics' does. The description isn't clear for me... Note: I am using this software (phpBB) just a few days, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question...

The description says:
If set to yes active topics in selected subforums will be displayed under this category.

Does this mean that, when set to no, you will not see any topic? Ow how does this work? Thanks in advance for the answer!

Best regards,

Toho_NL.

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:31 pm

Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

dhn
Former Team Member
Name: Dominik Dröscher

Post by dhn » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:35 pm

For a better explanation: If you click on a category link, the category will show above the category's forums, all topics from the forums with active topics enabled as if they'd appear in one forum.

Toho_NL

Post by Toho_NL » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:39 pm

Ow ok! Thanks for the quick answer! It is clear now what this function does :).

Best regards,

Toho_NL.

rusty12345678909

Re:

Post by rusty12345678909 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:46 am

dhn wrote:For a better explanation: If you click on a category link, the category will show above the category's forums, all topics from the forums with active topics enabled as if they'd appear in one forum.
And with this turned off what happens, is their a example like here http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=2 that has it shut off so I can see the difference? I guess I dont understand the lingo well enough to picture this.

Thanks

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Wat does 'Enable active topics' do?

Post by Mick » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 am

Why did you reply to a four year old post?

The real answer is try it and see what happens, you can't do any harm by changing options.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

rusty12345678909

Post by rusty12345678909 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Mixstar wrote:Why did you reply to a four year old post?

The real answer is try it and see what happens, you can't do any harm by changing options.

Hi thanks for the reply, I replied to a 4 year old post because I am looking for an answer, I guess I need to start a new post? I found this one using the search.

I did turn it on and turn it off I guess I dont know what I am looking for as I dont see any difference.

Thanks again

bollos

Post by bollos » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:40 pm

rusty12345678909 wrote:Hi thanks for the reply, I replied to a 4 year old post because I am looking for an answer, I guess I need to start a new post? I found this one using the search.
amazing isn't it?

people complain at you because you start new threads and OMG! don't use the search function and when you do, they complain at you because you're 'replying to old posts'!!!

:lol: :roll:

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:03 pm

bollos wrote:
rusty12345678909 wrote:Hi thanks for the reply, I replied to a 4 year old post because I am looking for an answer, I guess I need to start a new post? I found this one using the search.
amazing isn't it?

people complain at you because you start new threads and OMG! don't use the search function and when you do, they complain at you because you're 'replying to old posts'!!!

:lol: :roll:
The only complaint is when the same user starts more than one topic on the same issue. It is preferred that a person start their own topic rather than hijacking another's.

Can you give me an example of where a team member has complained at someone for starting a new topic, other than a duplicate?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

rusty12345678909

Post by rusty12345678909 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Yup and still no answer never did figure it out just like many other features of V3 everybody assumes your born with the knowledge oh well its just another nail in the coffin for phpbb3 for me.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re:

Post by Mick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:33 pm

dhn wrote:For a better explanation: If you click on a category link, the category will show above the category's forums, all topics from the forums with active topics enabled as if they'd appear in one forum.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”