Permission Problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
d4rkst4r

Permission Problem

Post by d4rkst4r »

After making the board work and finishing the forums, there is a problem with the permissions. Im part of the Registered Users, Administrators and Global Moderators. I made an Announcement forum where only Admins can post. Ive tried to post in Announcement forum, but it says im not allowed to post, but im a Admin????? Any help?
d4rkst4r

Post by d4rkst4r »

I cant even post stickies or anything in any of my forums? this doesnt make sence?
d4rkst4r

Post by d4rkst4r »

nevermind, it works, I had to delete myself from registered users group. It was over riding my admin powers
agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

I've found it makes things simpler to just set permissions to unset instead of no since unset defaults to no but doesn't override other group permissions. Then you wouldn't need to remove yourself from the registered group and no group will override another group's permissions.
marosell

Post by marosell »

Thats the idea; setting things to unset instead of No. A little hard to pick up on at first, but d4rkst4r, thats what you should do.

Don't set "No" to registered users ability to post, set it to "Unset".

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”