BBCode List

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
User avatar
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:29 pm
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Name: Chris Smith
Contact:

Post by ToonArmy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:44 pm

BTW Almost of all of those BBCodes breaks phpBB's XHTML compliance.
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
Image
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.

User avatar
will_hough
Former Team Member
Posts: 1933
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: Michigan
Name: Will Hough
Contact:

Post by will_hough » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:57 pm

Has anyone figured out how to use BBCode with inline styles:

Code: Select all

BBCode usage
[span style={TEXT1}:{TEXT2};]{TEXT}[/span]

HTML replacement
<span style="{TEXT1}:{TEXT2};">{TEXT}</span>
Am I doing that correctly?
R.I.P. D¡cky

Headgalah
Registered User
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:37 am

Post by Headgalah » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:10 pm

cheater512 wrote: Looks like you didnt do it at all. :?

Delete them all and start from scratch. 9 times out of 10 you will figure out what went wrong by doing that.


I did that and this time I added the BBcode AND the HTML replacement which is not stated anywhere as being necessary.

Just another case of developers assuming everyone is going to know how to do things.

Explanations on "how to" in the ACP are very few and far between.

User avatar
patrikstar
Registered User
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by patrikstar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:08 pm

ToonArmy wrote: BTW Almost of all of those BBCodes breaks phpBB's XHTML compliance.


ok made them all xhtml compliant

Click Here to check
Last edited by patrikstar on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Headgalah
Registered User
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:37 am

Post by Headgalah » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:13 pm

patrikstar wrote:
ToonArmy wrote:BTW Almost of all of those BBCodes breaks phpBB's XHTML compliance.


ok made them all xhtml compliant

Click Here to check


Are you saying you have edited the original post within the last few minutes ???

User avatar
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:29 pm
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Name: Chris Smith
Contact:

Post by ToonArmy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:16 pm

Headgalah wrote: I did that and this time I added the BBcode AND the HTML replacement which is not stated anywhere as being necessary.


What else is it going to replace the BBCode with?
Headgalah wrote: Just another case of developers assuming everyone is going to know how to do things.

Explanations on "how to" in the ACP are very few and far between.


This is beta software, it is under documented because of its very nature. Documentation will become available when the time is right, RC's are when we will start seeing complete documentation. Its also worth noting that all written text in the ACP is to under go a review.
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
Image
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.

User avatar
patrikstar
Registered User
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by patrikstar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:59 pm

Headgalah wrote: Are you saying you have edited the original post within the last few minutes ???


umm ya i guess

User avatar
cheater512
Registered User
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:27 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Post by cheater512 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:41 pm

Headgalah wrote: I did that and this time I added the BBcode AND the HTML replacement which is not stated anywhere as being necessary.

phpBB magically guesses what to replace the BBCode with?
The dev's rock! I gotta check this code out. :wink:

User avatar
patrikstar
Registered User
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by patrikstar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:08 pm

added a border bbcode to the list

Mephistox
Registered User
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:12 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Post by Mephistox » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:11 pm

great post.

Too bad the last three only work in IE :(

User avatar
patrikstar
Registered User
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by patrikstar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:12 pm

Mephistox wrote: great post.

Too bad the last three only work in IE :(


i know with all firefox can do u would think they would add it to a release

User avatar
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:29 pm
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Name: Chris Smith
Contact:

Post by ToonArmy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:15 pm

patrikstar wrote:
Mephistox wrote:great post.

Too bad the last three only work in IE :(


i know with all firefox can do u would think they would add it to a release


They are Microsofts extensions to the W3C's CSS standards and therefore are not included in Firefox.
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
Image
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.

ccrbaby
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Post by ccrbaby » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:25 pm

how i can hide a text

i try and try and i cant

somebody said me if i download it
i can hide but i dont know where i can
download it

i mean this [hide] text [/hide]

User avatar
patrikstar
Registered User
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:37 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by patrikstar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:30 pm

ccrbaby wrote: how i can hide a text

i try and try and i cant

somebody said me if i download it
i can hide but i dont know where i can
download it

i mean this [hide] text [/hide]


explain more hide as in how click to display reply to display or highlight to display anyways the reply to display requires mod creation and wont be made anytime soon since its only a beta

ccrbaby
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Post by ccrbaby » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:33 pm

patrikstar wrote:
ccrbaby wrote:how i can hide a text

i try and try and i cant

somebody said me if i download it
i can hide but i dont know where i can
download it

i mean this [hide] text [/hide]


explain more hide as in how click to display reply to display or highlight to display anyways the reply to display requires mod creation and wont be made anytime soon since its only a beta


ohhh

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Tbot [Bot] and 85 guests