Attachment Settings and Jabber

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
thunder88

Attachment Settings and Jabber

Post by thunder88 »

I have my attachment settings set to 256k but I can attach files as large as 1.5mb or maybe larger, why is that?
Also whats up with the Jabber Settings in the ACP? Thats the only place on the whole board I can even find any mention of Jabber. What exactly is it? :?:
matthewf

Post by matthewf »

concerning the attachment upload, are you an admin? if so an admin can upload any file size regardless of settings, at least that is what it is like in phpbb2 and attachment mod installed, if you really want to make sure there aren't any problems then create a test user and set the permissions for that user then try again, if still no joy post again

concerning Jabber, not really sure

Edit
just tested this for a temp user, upload restrictions does work so admin are still allowed to upload without restrictions, what is interesting is that the uploader doesn't check the file size first before it starts uploading, I can't remember if the attachment mod did the same once installed?
thunder88

Post by thunder88 »

I haven't tested it with a test account yet but a Global Moderator can also upload without restrictions.
And I still can't figure out what this Jabber thing adds to my board that makes it worthwhile.
w3neo

Post by w3neo »

http://www.jabber.org/about/overview.shtml

That should explain it. In short jabber is an IM client. I dont get it either though. I have set up a jabber account for my forum but then nothing... Do you have to set up individual user accounts? I see a place in the UCP for jabber along with the other IMs but havent a clue as to where to go from here.

w3
matthewf

Post by matthewf »

@thunder88

I think you have stumbled upon a bug, you are right global mods can upload any filesize, odd thing is I can't find any attachemnt settings on a per user and group basis, as I know that the achement mod does have these settings but oddly not in phpbb3??? unless its a feature that hasn't been implemented yet, you could always submit a bug report, if it gets closed and you are told it's still work in progress, at least then we will know for certain

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”