new XML mod handling

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
agent00shoe

new XML mod handling

Post by agent00shoe » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm

Does this new way of formatting mods mean that there will be a mod installer built in to phpbb the way some other boards do? For example, in smf, you can browse, install, uninstall/delete new mods just by clicking links in the acp. I'm wondering if phpbb will have something similar with the new format or will there be another 3rd party mod installer like 2.x?

ZsasZ

Post by ZsasZ » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:55 pm

I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression that phpbb3 is for the most part feature locked, so no, there probably won't be a mod management utility built-in, but that doesn't mean that something like the excellent EasyMOD won't be available as soon as possible (at least I'm hoping).

ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:33 pm

It is true, no feature requests for 3.0.x.
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:40 pm

A new version of EasyMOD for Olympus will be released but Olympus itself will have no MOD manager built in.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

GaryW

Post by GaryW » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:44 pm

pentapenguin wrote: A new version of EasyMOD for Olympus will be released but Olympus itself will have no MOD manager built in.

Good to hear :D

EasyMod could be classed as indispensable if you want to install numerous mods ..

Whether they are Third Party Mods or ones I develop myself (Using ModStudio to create my own Easymod compatable install files) using Easymod's "rollback/Restore" feature makes it so easy to test a mod on my test phpbb site. If the mod causes any problems I can just rollback to the previous working version ...
Kind Regards,

Gary Wilkinson
Principal Consultant and Founder
SQR Consulting

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”