How to show Global announcements?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Vampy

How to show Global announcements?

Post by Vampy »

Hi! I have been searching but I'm no closer to an answer... I made a global announcement which does show up nicely in all the forums... However, if you are at the index page of the board, there is no evidence that there is a global announcement in any of the forums listed under the categories... What I mean is that the number os posts/ topics in index.php is zero even though I have made a global announcement. Is this meant to be that way or is there something I did not do? Shouldn't global announcements be counted into the topics/ posts count?
Julian
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: How to show Global announcements?

Post by karlsemple »

Vampy wrote: Hi! I have been searching but I'm no closer to an answer... I made a global announcement which does show up nicely in all the forums... However, if you are at the index page of the board, there is no evidence that there is a global announcement in any of the forums listed under the categories... What I mean is that the number os posts/ topics in index.php is zero even though I have made a global announcement. Is this meant to be that way or is there something I did not do? Shouldn't global announcements be counted into the topics/ posts count?

Having just tested this i see that the same applies on my board, global announcements do not seem to count towards the forums post count. I suspect this is intentional.
Vampy

Post by Vampy »

Thanks... I hope that the developers will include the count or at least have an option to include it in when it's finally release...
Julian

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”