zlip compression bug?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
pacop2

zlip compression bug?

Post by pacop2 »

I've installed beta 2 of olympus, succesfully, but when I've tried to enable zlib compression, I have this message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2587: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'

And all the fonts of the forum became very big.

Any idea? :(
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

Your host already enables compression for any php produced pages this includes phpBB you should set it to disabled in phpBB.
Chris SmithGitHub
BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

Shouldn't the forum detect that compression is automatically enabled? This sounds like a bug.
My phpBB3 Mods: - None active =[
Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

BondGamer wrote: Shouldn't the forum detect that compression is automatically enabled? This sounds like a bug.
No, it isn't a bug and no, the board shouldn't detect it. Well, I guess whether phpBB should detect it or not is open to debate, but right now phpBB doesn't and isn't supposed to.
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN
pacop2

Post by pacop2 »

ToonArmy wrote: Your host already enables compression for any php produced pages this includes phpBB you should set it to disabled in phpBB.

Ah, thank you :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”