Cannot Open ACP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Dicko21

Cannot Open ACP

Post by Dicko21 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:56 am

Hello. I got this error out of the blue when i tried to open the admin pannel -

General Error

Module not accessible

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster : dicko21@tpg.com.au

And, all my forum new posts and no new posts icons have dissapeared.
example: www.bdsflash.com/forume2

Any ideas why? i have tried re-installing, but its still the same thing.

Thanks in advance:
Dicko

Lastof

Post by Lastof » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:20 am

Looks to me like you are running your board live. Unfortunatly, that means we can't offer support.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2011, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:21 pm

Lastof wrote: Looks to me like you are running your board live. Unfortunatly, that means we can't offer support.

Wouldn't it have been easier for you to say, "I don't know"?

Eelke
QA Team
Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Maybe, but that would have been a pretty useless post and it would not have made the point lastof is making: no support for live boards (not to be difficult, but for a reason).

Grinch

Post by Grinch » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:54 pm

The point is that while this might be a legitimate problem, phpbb3 is beta software and no timely fix/solution should be expected.

Beta = work in progress/bug fix phase/unstable

I wish you the best of luck getting it resolved. Hopefully it's sooner than later.

P.S. It would be helpful to mention which beta version you are running.

tantley

Re: Cannot Open ACP

Post by tantley » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Dicko21 wrote: Hello. I got this error out of the blue when i tried to open the admin pannel...
Any ideas why? i have tried re-installing, but its still the same thing.

I suggest downloading the .zip package again. I had to d/l it three different times to get the entire set of files. The first two times, the .zip was not complete, and upon installing, it had errors much like what you're referencing.

It is very much worth the trouble to download again. 8)

Eelke
QA Team

Post by Eelke » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:42 am

Out of the blue suggests there were no apparent changes. I wouldn't consider "off the bat right after installing" out of the blue ;)

Do consider carefully whether there really were no changes you made yourself.

Dicko21

Post by Dicko21 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:47 pm

Hmm, thanks guys. One thing i did do, which i forgot that was happening in the background, was upgrading from beta 1 to beta 2. all i did was overwrite the files but i still have all the original database tables. ive tried re-downloading, uninstalling, re-installing, making a new DB (i dont want to loose everyones user information and posts/forums/topics)reverting back to the old beta, and nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

Thanks,

~Dicko

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:55 pm

The database structure from beta1 to beta2 changed - the files from beta2 will not work with the DB from beta1 - you need a completely new install - lose all the data and start again.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

Eelke
QA Team

Post by Eelke » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:56 pm

The database schema has changed significantly from beta 1 to beta 2 (i.e. incompatble) and upgrading from 1 to 2 is not supported. Upgrade procedures will be provided and supported starting with release candidate 1.

When you want to use beta 2, you need to whipe your beta 1 database and start with a fresh DB. By going live with beta 1, as you seem to have done, you've backed yourself into a corner (it's not just to be mean that it's being said time and again on here one shouldn't go live with any beta version).

Grinch

Post by Grinch » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:33 pm

Delete beta2 and re-install beta1. Unfortunately you will be stuck with beta1 forever if you want to keep all your posts.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”