v3 features - are these things included/possible?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
tektok

v3 features - are these things included/possible?

Post by tektok » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:42 pm

Hi guys,

Im not sure if this is the right section as its a Support area but I couldnt find a general area to ask this.

I've been using phpBB since 1.4.2 and am very happy with it, I could have moved to vB a long time ago but I really dont see the point. What I was wanting to enquire about was the following points, whether they are in the 3.0 version or if they are even possible at all.

Firstly one of the things that is sometimes problematic with 2.x is when a user for whatever reason decides to post something that is vulgar or against the rules, causes offense but then before a mod or admin logs in - they EDIT their post to something else. Another area this has caused bother is in For Sale topics on my forum where I dont allow people to repost the same item or bump their topics. The way they got around that was to edit the previous topic to something completely random (from say a TV to a CD Player) so when posting the same item for sale, the previous posting would look completely innocent.

Is there a version/histroy feature available in 3 that would allow admin/mods to look back and see what was posted and at what time changes were made (similar say to Wikipedia)?

Moderator/Admin Log
As much as we all try to find the best people to help with forums sometimes strange things can happen, by accident or by plan. I've found once or twice that a moderator/admin edits a users post, deletes it or bans a user but when I ask my team who did it they all claim ignorance. Is there a "log" function in 3 that shows who did what and when so things like this could be checked later on?

I think those were the two main questions I had.

Thanks for your time and keep up the fantastic work!

Craig Anderson

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:43 pm

1. no
2. yes

:)

tektok

Post by tektok » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Is there a way to implement 1 at all ? As a MOD perhaps?

Thanks.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:49 pm

tektok wrote: Is there a way to implement 1 at all ? As a MOD perhaps?

Thanks.
Possibly - but only when someone gets around to writing it and phpbb3 has gone to at least RC (possibly gold)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

zula

Post by zula » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:15 pm

when you log in to admin panel, it automatically displays all the logs for any changes to the forum and who did them

Lastof

Post by Lastof » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:28 pm

For the first part of point 1, you can stop trolls coming back and editing posts by locking the post (yes, you can lock just the post, and leave the topic open) which would prevent editing.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2011, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!

tektok

Post by tektok » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:35 pm

Lastof wrote: For the first part of point 1, you can stop trolls coming back and editing posts by locking the post (yes, you can lock just the post, and leave the topic open) which would prevent editing.

But wouldnt that stop legitimate users from editing spelling mistakes and such like? I dont wish to stop the editing, just to have some kind of history of what was there before in case of abuse.

Lastof

Post by Lastof » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:21 pm

What I meant was that if you have the moderator permission "Can edit posts" then you can lock peoples posts via Edit > Lock post [Prevent editing], which will prevent the poster from editing that post.

ie, someone starts trolling in a topic. So you go and edit the post to remove the trolling, you can then lock the post, preventing the poster from editing it to something else.

As I said before, it only works for the first part of point one, not the second.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2011, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”