Remove Shadow topic

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
JoaoVr

Remove Shadow topic

Post by JoaoVr » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:26 pm

After I move a topic in phpbb3 how do I remove the shadowtopic leaved in place?

I went to Moderator Control Panel but i cant delete that!

Shadow Topic:

Moderator Control Panel:

Best Reg,

João

Grinch

Post by Grinch » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:39 pm

I don't think this is possible even in phpBB2.

MegaMan1311

Post by MegaMan1311 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:12 pm

In 2, I found that if you move the shadow to the same forum that the topic is now in, it will delete the shadow. I'm not sure if it works in 3.

matthewf

Post by matthewf » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:58 pm

or moving the now moved original topic back to the forum that you moved it from, either works, and nice trick MegaMan1311 as I didn't know that until now

in phpbb2 if you deleted the shadow topic you would delete the moved topic that it was attached too, but that above trick works nicely for deleting shadow topics even in 3 :D

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:26 am

in phpBB2 you can remove the shadow topic via the moderator control panel, just as a point of interest without it removing the original topic and the same applies to phpBB3 you can delete the shadow topic from the moderator control panel without it deleting the original topic :)

matthewf

Post by matthewf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:50 pm

WOW so you can, you learn something new every day, thanks for that karlsemple :D thats good to hear and I tested it, works a treat 8)

JoaoVr

Post by JoaoVr » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:05 pm

But if you check my second screen shot there is no way of sellecting shadow topic!

matthewf

Post by matthewf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:24 pm

what version of phpbb3 beta are you using? am using beta four and it works fine, if you can duplicate this issue it probably be a good idea to submit it to the bug tracker, as for me the shadow topic does display fine in the MCP, (PS what did you use to move the topic? quick tools or MCP? and did you select the correct forum which the shadow topic is in?

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager
Name: Andreas Fischer

Post by bantu » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:25 pm

JoaoVr wrote: But if you check my second screen shot there is no way of sellecting shadow topic!

Which Version do you use? Beta x or CVS?
karlsemple wrote: in phpBB2 you can remove the shadow topic via the moderator control panel, just as a point of interest without it removing the original topic and the same applies to phpBB3 you can delete the shadow topic from the moderator control panel without it deleting the original topic :)

I remember reading something in the bug-tracker related to dhn.

There was a problem with displaying moved topics in the MCP.
dhn advised the devs to simply ignore moved topics in MCP, which now could be related to this, if he (JoaoVr) uses CVS.

I'm not sure anyway.

Regards,
bantu

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:32 pm

I found the Bug, it was bug 7000 :wink:
dhn was the reporter.

http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/viewreport.php?b=7000

matthewf

Post by matthewf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:36 pm

then the only thing you can really do is either A move the shadow topic to the moved topic's new forum or vice verser, it seems then that what karlsemple said won't apply to the recent CVS anymore. at least if I read that bug report correctly?

unless that also applies to the quick tools as well?

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:42 pm

matthewf wrote: then the only thing you can really do is either A move the shadow topic to the moved topic's new forum or vice verser, it seems then that what karlsemple said won't apply to the recent CVS anymore. at least if I read that bug report correctly?

I don't think that not being able to remove shadow topics is intended.
I think maybe they forgot about it.
Maybe you want to report it as a bug.

JoaoVr

Post by JoaoVr » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:04 pm

I use 3.0.B5-dev :roll:

starware

Post by starware » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:09 pm

JoaoVr wrote: I use 3.0.B5-dev :roll:
That's CVS then since there is no "beta5-dev" however the CVS is the development code for beta5
Pardon my bad english, I'm american. :P

matthewf

Post by matthewf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:24 pm

bantu wrote:
matthewf wrote:then the only thing you can really do is either A move the shadow topic to the moved topic's new forum or vice verser, it seems then that what karlsemple said won't apply to the recent CVS anymore. at least if I read that bug report correctly?

I don't think that not being able to remove shadow topics is intended.
I think maybe they forgot about it.
Maybe you want to report it as a bug.

I will report this as a bug, and update this topic when a dev replies, its also possible that they didn't forget this but couldn't implement it for some reason in the CVS version, but anyway will report this and we will find out soon enough,

Edit

Done http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/viewreport.php?b=7316 if anyone wants to add anything, please be my guest

Edit

the report has been assigned to Acyd Burn, so it must have been a bug afterall, lets hope he can fix it :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”