Can't enable board

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Nomolas

Can't enable board

Post by Nomolas » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:09 pm

Hello,

When I move my forum to a server with php5 (Before I had php 4) I disable my board. On the new server, everything works, but I can't enable the board. I get a white page, and nothing changed.
In the database I set in the config table `board_disable` to 0, but it dusn't work...
And to, when I edit a rank, i get a blank page, and nothing changed.
Sorry for my bad english, I am Dutch.....

matthewf

Post by matthewf » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:05 pm

phpbb3 does work fine on a php5 server, so lets for a sec its not the problem, (but still can be) when you mean a new server, you transfered the DB across,, backed up and restored? have you tried with a fresh install? as its a bit pointless backing up the DB at this stage when its easier to start again,

its possible that either the backup or restore might have failed, are you using the same database version? what version of phpbb3 are you using? or are you using phpbb2 in which case you have posted in the wrong forum, (known to happen)

Nomolas

Post by Nomolas » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:52 pm

matthewf wrote: phpbb3 does work fine on a php5 server, so lets for a sec its not the problem, (but still can be) when you mean a new server, you transfered the DB across,, backed up and restored? have you tried with a fresh install? as its a bit pointless backing up the DB at this stage when its easier to start again,

its possible that either the backup or restore might have failed, are you using the same database version? what version of phpbb3 are you using? or are you using phpbb2 in which case you have posted in the wrong forum, (known to happen)

Yes, I export the database (by phpMyAdmin, in a text file). Then, on the new server, i've upload the forum files (the same as on the old server).
I use another database version, but that must be no problem I think.
I use phpBB3 Beta4.
Greets,

Salomon.
Sorry for my bad english, I am Dutch.....

matthewf

Post by matthewf » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:17 pm

it might be because your new server uses a different DB version, unless you update the phpbb3 DB, and the phpbb3 has no official upgrade script at this time, therefore, porting it across is very difficult, I would suggest you start from scratch as I also suggested, backing the beta version up at this stage is utter pointless, UNLESS you are using it as a live board? but as it has been stated many times, using phpbb3 as a live board isn't supported at this moment in time, that is the only reason why you would want to backup the DB

sorry if Im assuming that you are using it as a live board, but some people are, and the warnings giving aren't issued for fun

again start from scratch, its the best way

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”