Just reporting a seamless update from phpBB2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
NeilUK

Just reporting a seamless update from phpBB2

Post by NeilUK »

Hi
Not sure if this is the right place as I found no bugs. Just wanted to say that I updated b4 to b5 on my test forum with no problems. Then got ambitious and updated an old phpBB2 forum to phpBB3. Again with no problems. Everything worked exactly as the instructions said and I haven't come across any problems at all

Great job guys

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

same here, PS if you select the FTP option, make sure you add either WWW or public_html depending on your server config, as it wont automatically put it in itself, but saying that, the upgrade worked like a charm :D

NeilUK

Post by NeilUK »

I used the FTP option and apart from the program not finding the correct path itself. It worked like a dream once I put the correct path in

Neil

will_hough
Former Team Member
Name: Will Hough

Post by will_hough »

The auto update package worked like a charm for me too.

will_hough
Former Team Member
Name: Will Hough

Post by will_hough »

I also did a phpBB2.0.22 to phpBB3[BETA5] conversion flawlessly.
This phpBB2.0.22 had the Attachment MOD installed and it all seamed perfectly with phpBB3[BETA5]

dingloo

Post by dingloo »

I have a phpbb2 forum to upgrade later.

Not sure if I missed that link in the development section.

Can someone please post the link here, so that I can try that upgrade on a test server?

Thanks.

NeilUK

Post by NeilUK »

Dingloo

All you need to do to convert from phpBB2 is download the full package of Beta 5.

Install instructions come with it, its very easy. Must be .... I did it!

nbeadmin

Post by nbeadmin »

i wish mine would have been seamless, but mine is all goofed up.

i am getting the following errors on the forum page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3402: Undefined index: send_encoding
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3406: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3407: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3408: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)

and i am getting these in the acp

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 157: Undefined index: send_encoding
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 161: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 162: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 163: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

nbeadmin wrote: i wish mine would have been seamless, but mine is all goofed up.

i am getting the following errors on the forum page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3402: Undefined index: send_encoding
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3406: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3407: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3408: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)

and i am getting these in the acp

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 157: Undefined index: send_encoding
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 161: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 162: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 163: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2946)

Is this on a beta 4 to beta 5 update? If you overwrite the beta4 files you get header errors until you have completed the update including the database update :)

Lord Illicious

Post by Lord Illicious »

I also just did an old phpbb2 to 3 and it conversion flawlessly.

What im most shocked about is that finally phpBB3 is here (beta5 still very close final to the final RC) and the conversion tool came with it.

Great Job by the PHPBB team!

b3rx

Post by b3rx »

upon updating the files i get this error message
Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: index.php

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

help could be apreciated.
b3rxkintanar

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing..."

ytsejam

Post by ytsejam »

Some problem during conversion... I got a long list of error 1088, with various post IDs saying "Your message contains too few characters".

The conversion completed with one MAJOR problem (which may be related to this error) - Hebrew text (which is most of the text in the various forums) is MISSING. Only thing that exists in the posts is signs (* ! . # etc..) and English text!
Last edited by ytsejam on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

b3rx

Post by b3rx »

never mind my previous post. just did a manual file upload and now its fine. thanks anyway. way the go devs!
b3rxkintanar

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing..."

TecShdw

Post by TecShdw »

Awsome! That was the easiest conversion I've ever done! So now I have my entire phpBB2 forum converted into a different directly for testing phpBB3, this is GREAT! I am amazed at how well this worked! Pluse I lost my attachment mod and never set it back up on my last update of phpBB2, amazing thing is when I did the conversion all of the attachments show up again!

KUDOS to you phpBB3 team!
Clifford L. Moten
My Site - My Forum - My phpBB3 test forum

PaRRoT

Post by PaRRoT »

I've got this error:

Specify conversion options:
The table prefix needs to be the one used by the software you are converting from.
» Specified table prefix was phpbb_

The table is phpbb_ ...

What's wrong?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”