external login area

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
^ChRoNo^

external login area

Post by ^ChRoNo^ » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi, I'm currently working on a new website, and as RC1 hasn't been released so far, I'm just thinking about what to do when the final release comes out. Well I want to integrate phpbb into my website a bit. What I would like to know now is if its possible to get an external login area.
That means, if you use the login area of the website, you are simply using the login of phpbb, and are logged in phpbb3! Is that possible?

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:43 pm

Very possible.

^ChRoNo^

Post by ^ChRoNo^ » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:50 pm

I'm currently playing around with templates! My current idea is to create a login_body2.html and include it everywhere on my site at the top, and when somebody logins there in, he should be logged in to the forum. But I'm not sure if it works, how I said, i'm only playing around, so is there a "better" or more "nice" way to do it?

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Possibly - but as mods are not being supported on this forum whilst phpbb3 is still in beta this is probably not the right place to be asking these questions.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

^ChRoNo^

Post by ^ChRoNo^ » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:18 pm

well I don't want a mod or something, I just would like to know which "way" would be the best to do it

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”