phpbb3 and torrents

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
sneaker-groups

phpbb3 and torrents

Post by sneaker-groups »

As of the new beta torrents no longer function properly as attachments. Is there anyway to correct this? Or perhaps consideration should be made for the nest beta to allow for better torrent support.

Thanks

PS I've been advised this is not a bug
Myspoonistoobig

Post by Myspoonistoobig »

Could you explain how they're not working exactly

I'm having no trouble with them; I tried uploading a torrent file on a fresh install of beta 5. I'm prompted to download the file upon clicking the attachment link (the normal behavior of my browser). I then open the torrent after download in my default client

Are you referring to the option to "open" rather than save being absent? That's really your browser's choice. If phpbb is prompting the browser to force a download, in my quick test only firefox (2.0) honored that (both ie7 and opera 9 gave the 'open' option as well)
user3657

Post by user3657 »

hows it set in acp??
sneaker-groups

Post by sneaker-groups »

Myspoonistoobig wrote: Could you explain how they're not working exactly

I'm having no trouble with them; I tried uploading a torrent file on a fresh install of beta 5. I'm prompted to download the file upon clicking the attachment link (the normal behavior of my browser). I then open the torrent after download in my default client

Are you referring to the option to "open" rather than save being absent? That's really your browser's choice. If phpbb is prompting the browser to force a download, in my quick test only firefox (2.0) honored that (both ie7 and opera 9 gave the 'open' option as well)

I have tested several browsers on both windows and linux and all only allow you the option to download not open the torrent. With the exception of IE.

This was not the case with beta 4

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”