Having Permission Problems

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
souljaa

Having Permission Problems

Post by souljaa »

Hey, anyways, my friend created a phpbb3 board, and so I joined the board, and he tried giving me full access to the boards, as in Full Admin. So he sets my permissions as that, but then when I post, I can't edit, lock, move etc...Other people's post and stuff..We've tried many times...He set my rank as Founder, Site Admin, everything..But nothing works. So could someone help me out?!
Thanks.
Appreciate it.
Souljaa
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

He must have the permissions set wrong.

Admins have to be given powers (even if given by themselves) for all things in phpBB3 unlike phpBB2.

So check that you do have admin powers in the respective rooms etc.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
souljaa

Post by souljaa »

Well, 'cause I have the power to go to the ACP and even give myself permissions, but it just never shows up.
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

what permissions have you given yourself - in the rooms etc.

The permission system is completely different to phpBB2 - you will need to play with your test system till you understand it - that is the reason the beta versions have been made available - so we can play learn and find bugs.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
souljaa

Post by souljaa »

I gave myself, Full Access everywhere, Full Admin, Forum Admin...Everything..Still nothing.
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

can your friend who set up the forum do those things.

If so check the permissions you have - and what he/she has and see what is different.
souljaa

Post by souljaa »

ChrisRLG I got it :)...I didn't set the Moderator Permissions. Was fooling around and got it. THANKS A lot :).
Appreciate it.
Souljaa
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

your welcome.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”