errors in phpBB3

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Billy2423
Name: Bill Withers

Post by Billy2423 »

I am thinking I am getting bad downloads from sourceforge. Can you send me your copy of b5?
Last edited by Billy2423 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

email sent, as I said in the email, I have personally checked it and I experience no problems with it, so I hope it solves your problem

PS I would remove your email address now in case of spammers

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

Thanks, just installed smartftp and downloaded another copy from sourceforge and uploading that now for a new install. If that does not work, then I will try your copy. Thanks for sending.

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

I went and did a complete install with the files u sent, uploading with smartftp and the install went fine. Then I deleted the files and reup with my ftp client ws_ftp pro and got the error in the first post again. So It was my ftp client all the time that will not upload afew files correctly.

Thanks for your help in solving this.
As much as I paid for ws_ftp, u will think there would be no problems :roll: Been running it for yrs and never a problem till now, weird.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

I thought it might have been the client, the problem is there are two modes in which you upload files, some files only work correctly if uploaded in one format, if uploaded in another then the file will be corrupted, a good FTP client should detect which format to upload the file /s of though not all do, that is why I like smartFTP, has never given me any problems,, it is free for personal use, well at least your problem is now solved, of though you could try looking through ws_ftp pro options, mainly something along the lines of either upload or transfer, and see if there is an auto detect, if its already set to auto, then clearly its not a good program, or if it doesn't support auto detect, either way, I really wouldn't bother with it

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

I have ws_ftp set to auto detect. Using smartftp for now.
So far i have found only one problem with in the User Control Panel.
When I click on Options > Private messages i get this error and have uploaded new but still there.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/user/public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 496

code starting at that line:

Code: Select all

case ACTION_MARK_AS_IMPORTANT:
					if (!$rule_ary['pm_marked'])
					{
						$important_ids[] = $msg_id;
					}

if (!$folder_action)
					{
						$move_into_folder[PRIVMSGS_INBOX][] = $msg_id;
					}
				break;

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

well this is most odd, I can't think why you would get the error, I uploaded the file to my server, was uploaded fine, and I could access private messages, so its not I don''t think a program fault, at least I don't think so, (but possible) I wonder if its a server problem? that the client isn't connecting to the server correctly or its still a mis configured server? well the files I sent you should be fine, smartFTP should be fine, I would lay my finger on your server

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

My server which I own/rent completely, as far as I can see is up todate.
I get the below errors also via acp when i click on either Messages > Topic Icons/Smilies
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in /home/user/public_html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_icons.php on line 473

So now at a lost here. I did just reup the files and made sure within smartftp it was set to ASCll and not auto. Did not reup any images.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

Im out of ideas, but I would still say something is up with the server, I wouldn't finger smartftp, as that works without problems, either the server is not configured correctly or its having issues with the FTP clients, its the only thing that would make sense now,

Billy2423

Post by Billy2423 »

Well u are right. I reuploaded those 2 files via cpanel and now the errors are gone. At least now if someone else has this problem they will know to just reup the files causing the error via there control panel.

Thanks very much for your help.

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

that is a good idea, never thought of that :oops: still at least that sorts out your problem, another solution, I just thought of, is to upload the archive to the server, and if the website CP supports it, unarchive the files, server side, (but then again, there is always a chance of the archive being damaged during the transfer,

anyway glad you sorted out the problem, and glad that I could help

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”