config file phpBB3 Beta5

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
neosoft

config file phpBB3 Beta5

Post by neosoft »

Hi guys,

I was uploading files to my webserver and i was editing a config file for a system. but i accendentily erased the config.php of the forum. How can i take that back. I don't wanna re-install the forum because i have spent a lot of time in all the files to make it to my wishes..Do you guys have a copy or do you know what to write in it, except the login to my database...

Thnx....

Neosoft

zula

Post by zula »

<?php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = '';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'user_phpBB3';
$dbuser = 'user';
$dbpasswd = 'password';

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
@define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
?>

add info for your sql

neosoft

Post by neosoft »

YES!!!!
It is working..thnx a lot m8 :)

mnyakko

Post by mnyakko »

Semi-related (I think), I want to change the settings (table_prefix and password, for example). Where can I change these?

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 »

mnyakko wrote: Semi-related (I think), I want to change the settings (table_prefix and password, for example). Where can I change these?
In order to change the prefix you will have to rename all of the phpbb3 tables in the database (manually - although you may be able to write a script, or sql, to do it) and also change the prefix in the config file. To be honest it would be quicker to delete what you have and reinstall.

As for changing the password - if you have to ask that here then I would suggest that you leave it alone.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

mnyakko

Post by mnyakko »

Let me clarify my issue a bit. I have a db w/ table prefix test_ and live_ (the names have been changed to protect the guilty). Currently the board is set to the test_ tables. I want to point to the live_ tables now. When I changed that in the config file the board crashed.

So, I guess my question is "Where are all of the places that need to be changed in order to make these changes work?"

david63

Post by david63 »

Are both sets of tables (test_ & live_) for phpbb3 or is one for phpbb3 and one for phpbb2?
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

mnyakko

Post by mnyakko »

both are for php3 b4.

david63

Post by david63 »

First of all I cannot see why you would have two sets of tables for the same thing in one database and secondly why they would be for beta 4, which is no longer supported.

My advice would be to delete the lot and install beta 5, once, with the table prefix that you want.
David

mnyakko

Post by mnyakko »

Well, because I am a novice at all of this. I had the first prefix and it was working fine...then all of a sudden last Thursday the whole thing started doing strange things. First, when I used BBC code in a post it would crash my browser. After a couple of days it just crashed entirely.

So, I did a reinstall...not realizing that the reinstall would actually create a new set of tables. Panicked, I made a new table...but then realized I did not understand this SQL stuff enough to move the data from one to the other. I changed the info in the config file and got all kinds of errors.

I uninstalled and reinstalled b4, this time using the same db and a different prefix. Now I still cannot get the data to copy successfully (my host has myphpadmin). So, I am wondering if it is because there are other places that require this information to be changed.

I wanted to start this question out in a general sense...my problems are from stupidity and being the person teaching myself everything. But if I keep it general then maybe others can learn how to fish rather than me being given a fried fish meal.

david63

Post by david63 »

I would still go back to my previous answer and install beta 5 that is supported - it may be that your original problems were to do with bugs in beta 4 that have now been fixed.
David

Billy2423
Name: Bill Withers

Post by Billy2423 »

Maybe u did not drop the database tables before reinstalling via phpmyadmin. Not the db itself, just the tables?? U must drop the tables before a reinstall or new install unless your make a new db.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

As already stated there is no support for beta 4 we are now running at beta 5 and that is the beta version we are offering minimal support for :) So as already suggested you should install beta 5 for testing :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”