Could not get style data

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
loktar00

Re: Could not get style data

Post by loktar00 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:27 pm

Glad some other people finally were able to get some info on here about upgrading from B5 to RC1, anyways thats what I did only problem I have is the avatar problem, but my users can just reupload them.

Conversion was really easy. Did a fresh install, used a different prefix. Then just copied over the styles_imageset_data table, and the search_wordlist tables and kept all of the other ones the same and it worked. Also updated the new congig.php with my old prefix. Didn't lose anything. Only issue is the Avatars which if they reupload should fix it.

EDIT****
Ok had to transfer over the Config table from the new install (just type your old info into the db fields) Also updated sessions, and sessions_keys tables and cleared the cache. Everything is working perfect now even with my custom style/template I made before it was RC1. Also I have my forum authentication heavily integrated throughout my site and its all still working correctly so session variables were not changed.

http://www.undeadgames.com

lorddesman

Post by lorddesman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:24 am

Hi ....
After i have installed & alter my table ... i can get the user from previous beta5 forum & also can see the forum topics. But i can access all the topics. I see the php debug error on my forum header & it display "The request topic does not exit". How can i fix that ????? why the php error is display above my header ??? pls, see the following image. help !!!!

. : * Life as we know never be the same * : .

jhecht

Post by jhecht » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:23 am

From the errors that i read it you may have to open up common.php in your main folder and type this line in there :

Code: Select all

ini_set('output_buffering','1');
//If that one doesnt work try this one:
ini_set('output_buffering','true');
//I've found that most servers work with the '1', but some don't like it for whatever reason so they like the 'true' value instead.
"If you've done everything right, people will think you've done nothing at all." - Futurama
This quote is also immeasurably true for web developers/designers

lorddesman

Post by lorddesman » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:02 am

jhecht wrote:From the errors that i read it you may have to open up common.php in your main folder and type this line in there :

//If that one doesnt work try this one:
ini_set('output_buffering','true');
//I've found that most servers work with the '1', but some don't like it for whatever reason so they like the 'true' value instead.
Hi jhecht ...
I still have error after adding the code that u give above ....
Here is the place i added ...

<?php
/** 
* @package phpBB3
* @version $Id: common.php,v 1.203 2006/12/17 18:17:10 davidmj Exp $
* @copyright (c) 2005 phpBB Group 
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License 
* Minimum Requirement: PHP 4.3.3
*/

/**
*/
if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}

I was use both '1' & 'true' to test. But still get error ........ pls help ......
. : * Life as we know never be the same * : .

jhecht

Post by jhecht » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:16 am

Well then instead of using the code i gave you before, try using this:

... Other Code here
ob_start();

... More code here
If that doesnt work, you may want to either re-install or contact your server admins about enabling output_buffering(the reason its not working could be that they have it set to not be overidden).
"If you've done everything right, people will think you've done nothing at all." - Futurama

skydreamer

Post by skydreamer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:36 am

Ok i run on both problems. First of all u DO NOT NEED to modify ANY FILES to make the upgrade work, and if you do you probably ruin the upgrade.

If correct, the styles error u get is cause you are using the old config.php of B5. Its not compatible. Things have changed.

Here is the path that worked with me.

1. Full backup of all DB and Files
2. Extract RC1 and upload it to Web Server overwriting all files APART from the config.php ( u need it for db update )
3. Use the database_update.php in the Install directory to make an upgrade of the database, if you do not do that, nothing will work afterwards.
4. Upload the RC1 config.php (the empty one) overwriting ur old one. Dont forget to keep ur db username/password e.t.c. settings
5. Make a New Backup of the phpBB_ tables (if u used the proposed prefix ) - an .sql Dump
6. Drop All phpBB_ tables
7. Make a new fresh Installation of phpBB RC1( i would use the same Administrator as a username at installation as in my B5 database for safety purposes - thats what i did at least , even if it shouldnt compromise migration doing otherwise )
8. Check your installation and that all went fine, that you can log on board and Administration Panel.
9. If all seem ok- that should be the case - start droping tables and recreating new ones using the SQL queries inside your .sql Dump file.

I droped and re-created only the following tables

phpbb_forums
phpbb_forums_access
phpbb_forums_tracks
phpbb_forums_watch
phpbb_groups
phpbb_log
phpbb_posts
phpbb_ranks
phpbb_topics_posted
phpbb_topics_track
phpbb_topics_watch
phpbb_users
phpbb_user_group

10. Do not forget to copy your old files folder if you have images e.t.c. uploaded by any member, cause otherwise that image want be seen at the post.

Tried keeping profile custom fields but couldnt make it. You should be able to keep your polls too but i didnt had any to keep.
I also did a full re-sync and purged the cache from the starting page of the Administration Panel
I tried keeping Access lists, but after the re-sync i lost all permissions on forums and had to re-do them.

Upgraded board is working properly. Didnt view any problems till now.

jhecht

Post by jhecht » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:37 pm

you shouldnt have to do any changes to the code, but sometimes different servers have different settings and it becomes more-so your issue than it is the people here at phpBB. Do they want for you to be able to just use it right out of the .zip? yeah. Does that always happen? no. They are always working on it so remember, this is just an RC-1 release, once they come out with 3.0 you shouldn't have to worry about any of these kinds of install bugs. Honestly, the user who posted above me's thing is a good idea, but i think its a bit too late for the guy who needs help to do those.

I've seen the error before, many times in fact. It happens because output buffering is off, and somewhere in your code (or in this case, phpBB's code) an echo, print, print_r, or other various functions were called which output things to the browser. since phpBB uses cookies to remember things which are more than likely done AFTER the echo() or what have you was called, it says "cannot modify header information", which basically means it can't change the cookies once the browser has begun rendering. ob_start() usually fixies this.

aashenfe

Post by aashenfe » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:03 pm

I have the same problem, and I figured out (for me) what was causing the problem

I have a multi-master replication scheme setup for my mysql servers.

The installer appears to have made the assumption that the auto-increment fields would start at 1.

In my multi-master setup, one server delivers odd Id's and the other delivers even id's. When I setup an application, I pick one of the servers to set as the database server. I picked the host that delivered the even ID's, and that is how I got this error.

I uninstalled and setup my secondary server as my database, and everything appears to be working great.

Just hope this will help other people who are having this problem.

If the installer could hardcode the primary ID when creating records, I think it would solve this problem.

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:53 am

singemfrc wrote:
MadMardigan wrote:Do what alegis gensan wrote, it works. You can use the code to be more specific about what to change (note that phpbb3_ was my old db, phpbbrc1_ is my new db, just change the prefixes to whatever you want).

1.) Install a fresh copy (including the config.php).
2.) Run the installation script (not the db update script, also, chose a different name for your db tables [from phpbb_ to phpbb3_ works).
3.) Delete the tables listed below in the code section of the new db tables you created (you need access from your ISP to do this, usually on some phpmyadmin panel they have set up).
4.) Copy/paste the code below to run the SQL queries, if you did it right, it should rename the old db tables to the new db tables.

rename table phpbb3_forums to phpbbrc1_forums;
rename table phpbb3_forums_access to phpbbrc1_forums_access;
rename table phpbb3_groups to phpbbrc1_groups;
rename table phpbb3_posts to phpbbrc1_posts;
rename table phpbb3_ranks to phpbbrc1_ranks;
rename table phpbb3_topics to phpbbrc1_topics;
rename table phpbb3_topics_posted to phpbbrc1_topics_posted;
rename table phpbb3_users to phpbbrc1_users;
rename table phpbb3_user_group to phpbbrc1_user_group;
rename table phpbb3_acl_groups to phpbbrc1_acl_groups;
rename table phpbb3_acl_options to phpbbrc1_acl_options;
rename table phpbb3_acl_roles to phpbbrc1_acl_roles;
rename table phpbb3_acl_roles_data to phpbbrc1_acl_roles_data;
rename table phpbb3_acl_users to phpbbrc1_acl_users;
Those should put everything back to normal, you will still have to reconfigure your board settings however and clear the cache manually (IE, get into FTP and delete everything except .htaccess and index.php from the phpbb3/cache folder).
Thanks, that worked perfectly for me. Additionally you can add the private message tables to that list if you want to keep those. Seemed to work fine for me.
I'm having this problem, BUT not with a RC.. It's the FINAL. What would I do to get this to work? Would I just delte the tables it says, and put this oin the SQL and rename phpbbrc1 to phpbb3_ ?

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:29 pm

I fixed it.. Thanks everyone1

mcdanielnc89

Post by mcdanielnc89 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:35 pm

oK.. i DID THIS.. It worked, however all my statistics are screwed up.... My members statistics and everything says i only have one member, but in the members list they are all there..

EDIT: Fixed partially.. Now it's jsut when i'm in the ACP in the styles tab..

mobilewo

Post by mobilewo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:32 am

now showing another error. my database is now properly connected.

General Error
Template path could not be found: styles/MyStyle/template

how to change default theme

garebizzle

Post by garebizzle » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:31 pm

MadMardigan wrote:Do what alegis gensan wrote, it works. You can use the code to be more specific about what to change (note that phpbb3_ was my old db, phpbbrc1_ is my new db, just change the prefixes to whatever you want).

1.) Install a fresh copy (including the config.php).
2.) Run the installation script (not the db update script, also, chose a different name for your db tables [from phpbb_ to phpbb3_ works).
3.) Delete the tables listed below in the code section of the new db tables you created (you need access from your ISP to do this, usually on some phpmyadmin panel they have set up).
4.) Copy/paste the code below to run the SQL queries, if you did it right, it should rename the old db tables to the new db tables.

rename table phpbb3_forums to phpbbrc1_forums;
rename table phpbb3_forums_access to phpbbrc1_forums_access;
rename table phpbb3_groups to phpbbrc1_groups;
rename table phpbb3_posts to phpbbrc1_posts;
rename table phpbb3_ranks to phpbbrc1_ranks;
rename table phpbb3_topics to phpbbrc1_topics;
rename table phpbb3_topics_posted to phpbbrc1_topics_posted;
rename table phpbb3_users to phpbbrc1_users;
rename table phpbb3_user_group to phpbbrc1_user_group;
rename table phpbb3_acl_groups to phpbbrc1_acl_groups;
rename table phpbb3_acl_options to phpbbrc1_acl_options;
rename table phpbb3_acl_roles to phpbbrc1_acl_roles;
rename table phpbb3_acl_roles_data to phpbbrc1_acl_roles_data;
rename table phpbb3_acl_users to phpbbrc1_acl_users;
Those should put everything back to normal, you will still have to reconfigure your board settings however and clear the cache manually (IE, get into FTP and delete everything except .htaccess and index.php from the phpbb3/cache folder).
In step 3 what tables am I suppose to delete? The new ones that would be phpBB3_ or the old ones which are phpBB_?

denfordian

Post by denfordian » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:50 am

Just like to say that I had this error after doing a re-install of 3.0.5 - clearing the /cache files fixed it for me :)

Mike2737

Post by Mike2737 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:54 pm

I had this same problem after upgrading from 3.04 to 3.05 using the automatic update package and manually installing my changed files. I deleted the cache directory, then copied a new cache directory from a clean UNZIP of the original 3.05 files prior to being installed/configured.

My board works again.

I suggest the cache be wiped clean automatically after any kind of upgrade or any kind of database restore.

;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”