This is the fix for everyone getting a 500 server error when they try to convert their board
Simply add the following code at the beginning of the file install/install_convert.php:
Code: Select all
--------- Original message -------
I'm trying to convert my existing board to test and eventually start making new templates similar to my old ones. I've uploaded and installed phpBB3, but when I try to convert, I get a 500 server error. This is what I've done:
1. Installed phpBB 3 correctly, it seems to work fine.
2. Went back to the installation file (install/index.php), clicked the "Convert tab"
3. Selected "convert" in the phpBB 2.0.X row
4. Entered the information, click "Begin conversion"
5. Got another message that indicated that the information was correct, clicked "Begin conversion" again
6. The page takes a while to load, and when it's finally loaded, a 500 server error message is shown
This is what the error log shows:
[Mon May 21 13:05:08 2007] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: /home/xxxxx/public_html/phpbb3/install/index.php
I've tried enabling and disabling "Refresh page to continue conversion", but with no luck. My board has about 36000 posts and 6000 users. I'm on a shared server.