How to create a NEW style

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
lodp

How to create a NEW style

Post by lodp »

Hi there,

I'd like to create a new style on the basis of prosilver, but leave the regular prosilver in place as a choice style. what I did was to make a copy or the prosilver folder in /styles, and rename it to prosilver1. However, prosilver1 won't show up as an uninstalled style then in ACP => Styles. I tried changing the style name to "prosilver1" in all the .cfg files in the subfolders of /styles/prosilver1/ , but that didn't help either.

I've also tried the "Create New Style" button, and chose prosilver as the basis. While that makes a style with the name I choose show up under "Installed Styles", no new template, theme, imageset appears in the respective subcategories in ACP => Styles (and also, it doesn't create a new styles folder in /styles of the installation.

When I tried the same story back with beta 4, with subsilver as the basis, i just had to copy and rename the style folder, install it in the ACP, and that was it.

I'm kinda lost here, i would appreciate any help.
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Re: How to create a NEW style

Post by Arty »

You should rename it in imageset, theme and template config files, not only style.cfg
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
lodp

Re: How to create a NEW style

Post by lodp »

CyberAlien wrote:You should rename it in imageset, theme and template config files, not only style.cfg
i renamed it there, too (/template/template.cfg, /theme/theme.cfg, /imageset/imageset.cfg) -- all of them have the same couple of lines there (i renamed it now from "prosilver1" to "OBT"):
# General Information about this style
name = OBT
copyright = © OBT
version = 1.0.0
there's another imageset.cfg in /imageset/en/ -- but that one didn't have any name in it in prosilver, so i figured i'd leave it the way it was.

EDIT: I had it like that from the beginning, and it's not working, I kinda failed to make that clear in the above.

EDIT II: Sorry, I wasted your time. I'm retarded. I was changing the files in one installation over ftp, and checking for changes in another. If this topic turns up for you in a search, the bottom line is: get some sleep.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”