Database problems with installing

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
ohlookitspaul

Database problems with installing

Post by ohlookitspaul »

I'm on the Database Settings page of the install for 3.0 and when I press Proceed to Next Step, it's giving me this:

Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)

I put in the correct database name, username and password, I just checked. I tried it with leaving database server hostname blank and then with localhost in it, neither work.

FYI: using GoDaddy, I have a Windows server, the database I have is a MySql 4.1

Help?

ohlookitspaul

Re: Database problems with installing

Post by ohlookitspaul »

I just realized - I need a MySQL 5.0 database to run 3.0, don't I?

Oops.

bbrian017

Post by bbrian017 »

Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)
with godaddy you need,

username: whatever
username: whatever
host : which is like a long number letter combo has the word sql in it. you can get this by going into or opening your database and clicking the created database that phpbb will be installed on :) It will be the long numer letter combo you thank god you can copy and paste LOL

password: whatever

and thats it port is left empty, your messing something up try again
I just realized - I need a MySQL 5.0 database to run 3.0, don't I?

Oops
no 4.1 is good enough

ohlookitspaul

Post by ohlookitspaul »

bbrian017 wrote:host : which is like a long number letter combo has the word sql in it. you can get this by going into or opening your database and clicking the created database that phpbb will be installed on :) It will be the long numer letter combo you thank god you can copy and paste LOL
I can't seem to find this number/letter combo. Where is this found on the database? I am in the PHPMyAdmin page and am not sure where to look.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”