Permissions in phpBB 3 need overhauling.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Coatsy35

Permissions in phpBB 3 need overhauling.

Post by Coatsy35 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:05 pm

I love the new phpBB 3 its fantastic, aprt from one aspect...Permissions

It is so annoying that you have to set everything one by one, and yes I know there are group settings. But you still have to set every forums permissions as to who can read it, write to it etc...

I have over 40 forums in 8 categories and growing each day and this is very annoying, I want to be able to Create a new forum and it have the same permisssions for registered users, guests, bots etc as the last 39 forums i set up. (If you do got to set manually and select all forums, you get a list of drop down boxes so long that the page nearly crashes as I have so many forums, it took me 3/4 hour just to select each drop down box and press full access as there is 5 groups and a box for each for each forum!)

Also Admin by default should have everything turned on as default, after all they are the admin, it took ages to figure out how to turn it on so that i could display the post topic as for my self. Then i figured out that I have to set every forum to all Admin full access? this is madness it should be default or be able to do it at the press of 1 button that this feature is turned on for all forums.

I still haven't figured out how you give something permission to use the topic icons? anyone got any ideas.

Regards

Dan

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Permissions in phpBB 3 need overhauling.

Post by karlsemple » Sat May 26, 2007 6:10 pm

I have over 40 forums in 8 categories and growing each day and this is very annoying, I want to be able to Create a new forum and it have the same permisssions for registered users, guests, bots etc as the last 39 forums i set up.
When creating forums there is an option to copy permissions from one forum to another forum so you do not have to set permissions for every forum you create.

The admin permissions are meant to be as such, admin should not have access to everything as some people have multiple admin on their forums and do not want them to be able to access everything and only have them administer certain parts of the board. As the board founder you will be able access everything in the Admin control panel giving you access to everything you need.

Coatsy35

Post by Coatsy35 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:15 pm

Thanks for that, I couldn't see waht was under my nose:>)

Is there away to default set up each new forum with Topic Icons turned on? so I don't have to select it everytime?

And also is it possible to have admin have Post as switched on as default?

Dan

dark/Rain

Post by dark/Rain » Sat May 26, 2007 8:51 pm

Coatsy35 wrote:it took me 3/4 hour just to select each drop down box and press full access as there is 5 groups and a box for each for each forum!
Set "Full access" for the first, then click on "Advanced permissions", "Mark all", "Apply permissions".
Don't know if that's exactly what you wanted, but it's worth "a try" :D

Danaldinho

Post by Danaldinho » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:39 pm

What about for the mods one and the others then dark/Rain

dark/Rain

Post by dark/Rain » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:39 pm

(For reference: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=581259)

Will reply in the original topic... :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”