Replacing Authentication/User Information

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
skinmaster

Replacing Authentication/User Information

Post by skinmaster »

Hi,

I have a large site that I am involved in the development of. We're currently using Snitz forums, which I have hacked substantially to replace the under-lying user management system with integration to the pre-existing user management on our site.

This covers things like profile, authentication and authorization.

Are there any guides/information as to how this can be achieved with PHPBB3?

How about the converse? Using the PHPBB3 user sub-systems from third party code running the rest of the site?
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: Replacing Authentication/User Information

Post by battye »

I doubt there are any guides on how to integrate phpBB3 with existing login and user management systems at this stage, seeing RC1 was only released several days ago. I would predict that once phpBB3 goes gold, ie. v3.0.0, then yes, they will begin to pop up.
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
skinmaster

Post by skinmaster »

OK I guess that was to be expected, but is there any further information than the user/admin manual:

Here it says:
Unlike phpBB2, phpBB3 offers support for authentication plugins.
Can't seem to find anything about them anywhere else at all. Not even in the source code docs. I'm guessing I can just write a new auth class and pop it somewhere. Just no idea where...
CALTRADE

Post by CALTRADE »

Hi, is there any more information on this? I didn't see this and just posted a similar question on the 3.0 support forum. I have a portal with member data stored in an an sql database file with the fields "username" and "password" in one of the tables. Can this data be used to authenticate? Does anyone know how?

Rob

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”