ACP Not working in FireFox

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
sbukoski

ACP Not working in FireFox

Post by sbukoski »

OK, I have the latest RC-1 release and am logging in and going to the ACP. When I go there in FireFox, all I see is plain text. There is no CSS at all. When I login using IE, everything is fine. The main board itself is fine in both FireFox and IE. I've tried refreshing the styles, but nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?
david63

Re: ACP Not working in FireFox

Post by david63 »

Try emptying the cache both in FF and phpbb3
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
sbukoski

Post by sbukoski »

No luck. I tried emptying the cache in Firefox before (I actually have it set to empty every time I close it). Didn't try the cache in phpBB though. However, I deleted all the files with the exception of index.html, cleared my browsers cache, then restarted Firefox. Same result. I can see all the admin stuff and can perform admin actions, but there is no CSS being applied at all. Looks pretty ugly.
JDMils

Post by JDMils »

It DOES work! Remove all FF mods or run FF in Safe Mode.
sbukoski

Post by sbukoski »

JDMils wrote:It DOES work! Remove all FF mods or run FF in Safe Mode.

Just tried that. Still a no-go. Closed both Firefox and Thunderbird and started Firefox in Safe Mode with all add-ons/themes disabled. Still get the ACP in non-CSS mode. I am kinda stumped. I do have the IE Add-On for FireFox so I can always set the board to use the IE rendering engine, but I'd much rather figure out why it is no rendering properly in Firefox. I'm surprised I'm the only one having this problem.
thief_

Post by thief_ »

Does it work with your login on a seperate PC?

Try creating a new admin user and see what happens with that user on this PC and another seperate PC. Might even be an application on your PC which is interfering- boot Windows in Safe Mode and try it?
Prince Of Thieves
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

Yes some times it can be some you have install oh and try runing a V scan on your computer AVG is a good one.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”