Rank images - multi style

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
LuckyPip

Rank images - multi style

Post by LuckyPip »

All,

I am currently trying to find out if it is possible to have different rank image for same rank level for each style, if a site allows choice of 2 style or more. That would be so that the rank images itself would have same style as the board without looking out of place (especially with colours)

I am pretty sure that with current system - you could only create one image for each rank and it is standard image across all styles, is that right ?

Would that mean a MOD is needed to get around this ? If so, is there one existing already ?

Cheers
LuckyPip

Re: Rank images - multi style

Post by LuckyPip »

No reply as yet ? *sighs*

Am sure it is possible, isn't it ? Probably will need quite a lot of changes to a number of files to get the ranks to be theme based rather than board own ranks - anyone keen on taking this on as a MOD development project ? :P

- Seeing that now this is almost a request, perhaps someone would like to move this topic to MOD Requests ? :)
OmegaQuest

Post by OmegaQuest »

Could you not just change the location of the Rank folder inside the code to point to a rank folder inside the current template the user has set?

I'm sure it's just as easy as that.
LuckyPip

Post by LuckyPip »

I am sure too, I did consider that - but how would that work within the ACP ?

Or even, where do you edit that piece of code ? Where is it that points the rank to 'images/ranks' folder ? Can't seem to find it
Avaya

Post by Avaya »

I'd be interested in knowing about this too (sorry, I realize that wasn't much help)
My website: SixSeventyOne.net
Get the best! Browse with Image

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”