Error during install?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
hc2995

Error during install?

Post by hc2995 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:30 am

Your board's URL: http://www.searchdw.com/phpbb
Version of phpBB3: RC3
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)?: Fresh install
Was this an install through your host?: No
MODs you have installed: None
When the problem started: During the advanced portion of the install

Iv had this problem on 2 hosts now;

During the advanced portion of the install, the installer hangs and then i get an internal server error (500) Iv tried this on a linux host and a windows host (the windows host is my own server) Has anyone else had this problem?

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Error during install?

Post by Phil » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:14 pm

What step is the installer on when it hangs? Are there any error messages in your PHP error log or slow queries log?
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

hc2995

Post by hc2995 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:35 pm

IT hangs at the advanced settings part, well when i click the "next" button, so it hangs when adding tables. Ill have to check the php log, 1 second.

EDIT: No errors in the PHP log.

mamba

Post by mamba » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:56 pm

As I write this, I'm hanging after clicking Next on the Advanced Settings page. I hung a few minutes ago on my first install attempt and eventually I got a FF dialog asking me if I wanted to download a file called index.php. I cancelled it, went in via phpmyadmin and found the tables were all there, so deleted the db and tryng again now....

Whoops, now it's crashed with
phpbb3 installer wrote: A fatal and unrecoverable database error has occurred. This may be because the specified user does not have appropriate permissions to CREATE TABLES or INSERT data, etc. Further information may be given below. Please contact your hosting provider in the first instance or the support forums of phpBB for further assistance.

install_install.php [ 1165 ]

SQL : CREATE TABLE phpbb_attachments ( attach_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, post_msg_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, topic_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, in_message tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, poster_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, is_orphan tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, physical_filename varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, real_filename varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, download_count mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, attach_comment text NOT NULL, extension varchar(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, mimetype varchar(100) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, filesize int(20) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, filetime int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, thumbnail tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (attach_id), KEY filetime (filetime), KEY post_msg_id (post_msg_id), KEY topic_id (topic_id), KEY poster_id (poster_id), KEY is_orphan (is_orphan) ) CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`

Table 'phpbb_attachments' already exists
My host is Godaddy, using MySql5.
Using 3.2, PHP version 7, MySQL 5.5, Host: hostgator shared Linux, Style: Prosilver

mamba

Post by mamba » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:05 pm

Just for fun, I ran the conversion process against the new db, because I know most if not all of the files are there anyway, and this hung too, then again FF asked me what I want to do with a file called index.php. I clicked open and ended up with an empty file in Dreamweaver ...

This installer is not 100% yet, people.
Using 3.2, PHP version 7, MySQL 5.5, Host: hostgator shared Linux, Style: Prosilver

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:49 pm

Please don't make claims without backing them up. Your error is related to the max execution time seting for PHP. You can ask GoDaddy to raise it, or, alternatively, I believe GoDaddy will allow you to create a php.ini file to raise it yourself. You're also going to have to drop the tables the installer already created.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

mamba

Post by mamba » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:36 pm

iWisdom wrote:Please don't make claims without backing them up. Your error is related to the max execution time seting for PHP. You can ask GoDaddy to raise it, or, alternatively, I believe GoDaddy will allow you to create a php.ini file to raise it yourself. You're also going to have to drop the tables the installer already created.
On what basis do you conclude that this is a max exec time error? I'd only expect this error during Conversion, not during install.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”