Authentication method not found

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
thor_666

Authentication method not found

Post by thor_666 »

I install PHPBB RC3 without any problem, but in the last page of instal i see a screen say General Error - Authentication method not found.

If i delete de install directory and try to log in with the administrator user board splash same page, General Error - Authentication method not found.

I was searching on this forum for any information but i not see a topic since this. If ayone know what exactly my problem or what i am doing bad during the instalation please help.

Thank you for your responses.
BlakesHeaven

Re: Authentication method not found

Post by BlakesHeaven »

Was this ever resolved? I too can't find anything that really helps.
I've tried several times now to install phpBB3.02 with the same result. Right at the end I get the error shown below:
  • ErrorAtEndOFInstall.jpg
    ErrorAtEndOFInstall.jpg (16.3 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
I've already got phpBB 2.0.17, which I'm now wanting to upgrade and a separate forum on phpBB3RC1 that I'll tackle afterwards so it's not like it's never been installed before.

I get the same error when going into the Admin Panel so I just can't get any further at the moment.

Any suggestions anyone?
Cheers,

David
www.BlakesHeaven.co.uk
HEAT Call Logging User Group
TptMike
Name: Mike White

Post by TptMike »

Howdy,

Does this happen during a fresh install of phpBB 3.0.2?

-Mike
~They tell us not to look down all our life... and that's when you fall in the bathtub.
-Mike - phpBB Knowledge Base
BlakesHeaven

Post by BlakesHeaven »

Hi Mike,

Yes. It's a completely fresh install. Though I tried one a while ago but the conversion failed due to some time out issue; though I'd give it another go.

Starting this time round I deleted the previously uploaded files and re uploaded from a new phpBB3.02 zip file.
I also dropped all the previous database tables relating to phpBB3.02.

I've tried so many times now I don't know if it's that fresh any more.

Oh, I also tried deleting the cache files.
Cheers,

David
www.BlakesHeaven.co.uk
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Did you choose LDAP during the install? Try not.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
BlakesHeaven

Re: Authentication method not found - Resolved

Post by BlakesHeaven »

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the suggestions; I've got this resolved now and have a successful install. I don't think I did anything different this time, but I started from scratch again and repeated what I feel I had done before and it worked.

I could not remember seeing LDAP first time round so I specifically looked out for it this time, but didn't see it mentioned again. Still, it all installed now so not matter. :)

Now I've just got to do the conversion, but I think I'm going to have to speak nicely to Supanames (my host) to ask them to release a bit more resource as it just comes back with an error on the following web address:
  • ...install/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=phpbb20&confirm=1&language=en
    Error Message
    Error Message
    ConvertError.jpg (18.73 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
I'll post a new topic for this though as it's outside the scope of the original post. Thanks again.
Cheers,

David
www.BlakesHeaven.co.uk

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”