Page 1 of 1

List subforums on forum index page

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:08 pm
by noregsson
Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked before.

So I've just created a forum - first time user of phpBB, or anything forumy at all for that matter. And I'm not a total fan of the layout of my forum. I'd like to have all subforums show on the board index page, much like this forum looks. I can't say I've found any easy options for this on the ACP (only for listing in legend). Anyone got any suggestions? Or can point me to simple howtos for editing and changing forum styles and etc? Would be much appreciated.


kthxbye
-M

Re: List subforums on forum index page

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:09 pm
by Brf
On each forum's edit page, make sure you set "List subforum in parent-forum’s legend:" to Yes

Re: List subforums on forum index page

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:10 pm
by karlsemple
There is a checkbox on the forum creation screen you can check which will get subforums to display on the index. So go back into the forum management and edit the forums to check the checkbox :)

Re: List subforums on forum index page

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:30 pm
by noregsson
Brf wrote:On each forum's edit page, make sure you set "List subforum in parent-forum’s legend:" to Yes
As I said, I've already found this, and it's not what I want. I want the subforums listed on the index page the way they are listed if you click/enter the parent forum.

karlsemple wrote:There is a checkbox on the forum creation screen you can check which will get subforums to display on the index. So go back into the forum management and edit the forums to check the checkbox :)
Are you sure you're not talking about the "show in legend" check box? Because if there really is a box for doing what I want, then I must be blind =/

Re: List subforums on forum index page

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:06 pm
by Phil
There's no way to do what you want without a MOD, and it seems rather count-intuitive to me.

Re: List subforums on forum index page

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:44 pm
by Brf
Brf wrote:On each forum's edit page, make sure you set "List subforum in parent-forum’s legend:" to Yes
If you checkmark this box, then the Index will show the top-level categories, top-level forums, and list all of the subforums, just like you see here on phpbb.com.

Re: List subforums on forum index page

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:04 pm
by darcie
noregsson wrote:I'd like to have all subforums show on the board index page, much like this forum looks.
I think you're saying you want the gray boxes separating groups of forums? On the index page here, the gray boxes are created as "category" forums. Their children are made as a "forum" and the smaller icons listed under each of those are then the "subforum."

Re: List subforums on forum index page

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:44 pm
by noregsson
Massive confusion follows! Hah.
darcie wrote:I think you're saying you want the gray boxes separating groups of forums? On the index page here, the gray boxes are created as "category" forums. Their children are made as a "forum" and the smaller icons listed under each of those are then the "subforum."
Tas right. Heh, I didn't even notice the "forums" had "subforums". Sorry, I've been working 11hr days this week, so I'm not as observant as I should be =P

And a quick look at the ACP shows me what I'm looking for. You can choose the forum type. Yes. I must be quite S M R T indeed.

Well, thanks for the help, and sorry for the bother =P