General Error with refreshing Template for Prosilver

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Forum-UK.co.uk

General Error with refreshing Template for Prosilver

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi there, I get this error after clicking yes when i refresh the templates for prosilver.

general error.JPG
general error.JPG (37.98 KiB) Viewed 194 times
Purging the cache on the General Tab of ACP works ok. Any Ideas??

Thanks

Edit: Also, just noticed, if i click Cache under option on Templates for Prosilver i get this error
second error.JPG
second error.JPG (89.68 KiB) Viewed 158 times

Thanks Again

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: General Error with refreshing Template for Prosilver

Post by Phil » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Reupload styles/prosilver/template/install_footer.html and clear the cache. That should take care of both problems.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:37 pm

iWisdom wrote:Reupload styles/prosilver/template/install_footer.html and clear the cache. That should take care of both problems.
In my backup's, I do not have a Install_footer.html . I redownloaded phpbb3.0 and looked through it and it doesn't have Install_footer.html in the styles/prosilver/template folder. Using FlashFXP i search the site and it could tell me that Install_footer.html is located in adm\style. I copied it over, and all it does is just as me for the next file, after about 3 files, It wants Contact_body.html but this time it wont accept it. :(

Also, i reuploaded /includes/acp/acp_styles.php incase it was corrupt.

I have tried reinstalling phpbb and then importing my database but i get the same problem. So i think it must lie in the database. Is there a way i can backup only user information (username, password, avatars, profiles, etc) and all topics, threads, sections, etc So i am not backing up the full database, if you know what i mean.

Thanks

Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm

Err... can you fill the SRT out please?

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:50 pm

iWisdom wrote:Err... can you fill the SRT out please?

The following is the basic SRT
Your board's URL: http://www.forum-uk.co.uk
Version of phpBB3: phpbb3.0 RC3
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? Upgraded from RC2, Also tried reinstall
Was this an install through your host? Yes
MODs you have installed: I have added some banners on overall_header.html and Overall_footer.html although everything was working after it.
When the problem started: I am not 100%, i think it could have been after updating to RC3 (from RC2) After doing a clean reinstall and importing my database, the problem was back. Could it be in my database?

Additionally, you may wish to provide the following (where applicable)
Template(s) used: Just Prosilver, The subsilver2 template is removed completely from the site
Version of PHP used:
Database and version used: MySQL client version: 4.1.10, Server version: 4.1.22-standard

Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:51 pm

It sounds to me like you missed some of the template updates from RC2 -> RC3.

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:58 pm

iWisdom wrote:It sounds to me like you missed some of the template updates from RC2 -> RC3.
Wouldn't the clean install clear that up?

I will try another one after diner, just in case i missed something.
After the reinstall i will refresh the template again, if it works then i will import the database and try it again. That way we should know if it is the database or not, yes?

Thanks for your help so far :D

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Ok, just did a fresh installed and them restored my database into it and it all works ok.

Also, I made a second board under http://www.forum-uk.co.uk/testboard so i can try out different mods before i stick them straight into a live board. The test board is using a different database obviously. :)

Muad''Dib

Post by Muad''Dib » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:08 am

Im having this problem as well, here is what i see:

Im currently running RC4

If i copy the file from: adm\style, but then it asks for Install_Footer.html .. etc. Pretty much the same problem as the original post, but when i click "Cache" under option on Templates for Prosilver, i get no errors.

I noticed this started to happen with RC3, and i just "Assumed" (My Mistake) that it would be fixed with the next release, but i was mistaken.

At the time when i installed RC3, i had the "American English" language pack installed. I noticed that it started to cause some other minor problems, so i uninstalled it and now im back to "British English". Now with RC4 this is my only problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:56 am

Ah yes I had the same problem too. Here is my solution on how I fixed it
  1. Disable the board
  2. Make a full back up of the database in the ACP -> Maintenance
  3. It's best to make a couple of backups and another database backup with phpmyadmin (export)
  4. Make a full back up of your site using FTP
  5. Create a new blank database and new username.
    eg. ForumNEW
  6. Completely wipe the whole site
  7. Reinstall a fresh copy of PHPBB3.0 RC4
  8. Insert the new database details.
  9. Copy over the contents of the backup Store folder to the new store folder on using FTP
  10. Either using phpmyadmin (import) or the re-store on the ACP, restore the database back to the most recent backup
  11. click board index and everything is there. Only disadvantage, you will need to redo any mods.
  12. Delete the old database as it's no longer needed
You may be able to skip a few steps (2-5 and 10) by using the existing database by replacing the new config.php file with the old backed up version. This may or may not work, i have never tried. Hopefully someone can clear that up but for now following the above steps should fix your problem.

Any problems, let me know ;)

P.S. Did you ever play on Xlink Kai with your xbox because that name rings a bell

Muad''Dib

Post by Muad''Dib » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:08 am

Forum-UK.co.uk wrote:Ah yes I had the same problem too. Here is my solution on how I fixed it
  1. Disable the board
  2. Make a full back up of the database in the ACP -> Maintenance
  3. It's best to make a couple of backups and another database backup with phpmyadmin (export)
  4. Make a full back up of your site using FTP
  5. Create a new blank database and new username.
    eg. ForumNEW
  6. Completely wipe the whole site
  7. Reinstall a fresh copy of PHPBB3.0 RC4
  8. Insert the new database details.
  9. Copy over the contents of the backup Store folder to the new store folder on using FTP
  10. Either using phpmyadmin (import) or the re-store on the ACP, restore the database back to the most recent backup
  11. click board index and everything is there. Only disadvantage, you will need to redo any mods.
  12. Delete the old database as it's no longer needed
You may be able to skip a few steps (2-5 and 10) by using the existing database by replacing the new config.php file with the old backed up version. This may or may not work, i have never tried. Hopefully someone can clear that up but for now following the above steps should fix your problem.

Any problems, let me know ;)

P.S. Did you ever play on Xlink Kai with your xbox because that name rings a bell
No, I got Muad'Dib from a Mini Series on the Sci-Fi channel called Dune, and Children of Dune.

Thanks for the walkthrough, ill give it a shot tomorrow when i have a little more time.
I do have one question. Should i keep the same name for php tables in the new install, or can i change the name and have it restore properly?

The same question about the root folder. Right now its "Forum". Can i change it to "forum" without hickups, or should i keep that the same as well? "forum" in the address bar looks cleaner then "Forum", although to me "Forum" should be the proper folder name.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:31 pm

Muad''Dib wrote: I do have one question. Should i keep the same name for php tables in the new install, or can i change the name and have it restore properly?
Yes, keep the same name for the php tables
Muad''Dib wrote:
The same question about the root folder. Right now its "Forum". Can i change it to "forum" without hickups, or should i keep that the same as well? "forum" in the address bar looks cleaner then "Forum", although to me "Forum" should be the proper folder name.
Yes, you should be able to change it no problem.

Muad''Dib

Post by Muad''Dib » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:53 pm

I followed the directions above to a "T" and i still have the same problem. I have tried it a few times, and the only thing that was changed is my root folder name. I used both a capital "F" and a lowercase "f" for "Forum" which is my root directorys name. (Using the lowercase "f" caused re-directs within the board to point to the old uppercase "F".)

Any other advice would be appreciated.

EDIT**

I dont have time to try it, but do you think its possible that if i made subsilver2 my default theme, and removed all instances of Prosilver, and then did the reverse after re-uploading the original prosilver theme that this problem would be fixed?

Thanks again for all your help.

Muad''Dib

Post by Muad''Dib » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:12 pm

Bump, any other suggestions? Thanks

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:32 pm

Muad''Dib wrote: I dont have time to try it, but do you think its possible that if i made subsilver2 my default theme, and removed all instances of Prosilver, and then did the reverse after re-uploading the original prosilver theme that this problem would be fixed?

Thanks again for all your help.
I couldn't tell you. Give it a try, you never know.

The reason i revisited this topic is because i got the same error about a hour ago. grrr :evil:

I did a full reinstall last night too.

I am currently uploading phpbb3.0 RC4 so hopefully that will fix it. But i noticed something, when it was asking for all the files it asked for \styles\prosilver\viewtopic_ads.html which is a file i used about a month ago with a mod to show ads under the first post. Since the reinstall a month ago, i haven't installed that mod, so it must be caused by the database. I'm going to restart everything, but copy over the topics and users tables and wipe all the other tables.

Muad"Dib, did you solve your problem in the end. If so, how?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”