General Error with refreshing Template for Prosilver

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Muad''Dib

Re: General Error with refreshing Template for Prosilver

Post by Muad''Dib » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Still suffering from the problem. It doesnt seem to cause any problems with the way the board functions, but it is very discouraging when refreshing the template.

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:50 am

I reinstalled my board tonight and am currently modding it up :) Everything seems ok ..... so far

I haven't imported the database yet so fingers crossed.

What mods do you currently have on your board?

Fraser

Muad''Dib

Post by Muad''Dib » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:47 pm

Forum-UK.co.uk wrote:I reinstalled my board tonight and am currently modding it up :) Everything seems ok ..... so far

I haven't imported the database yet so fingers crossed.

What mods do you currently have on your board?

Fraser
Just two:

Links in New Window:

Code: Select all

http://www.easytutorials.org/phpbb3_prosilver_links_window.html
and Topic Types in Viewforum

http://www.easytutorials.org/prosilver_topic_types.html
As of right now i was doing some testing.
Disabled the board
I downloaded RC4 full, and renamed the language directory to "en-b". Uploaded and Installed it on the board, and then made it the default. I deleted the original "en" directory. Then i took the language directory (that is on my computer) and renamed it back to "en" and uploaded it to the board. Installed it and made it the default, and then deleted the "en-b" directory. Purged the cache, and tried to refresh the template. Still same problem. Ill update after i finish my next step.

Muad''Dib

Post by Muad''Dib » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:07 pm

Note*Sorry for the double post, but i thought it would be cleaner to describe my next steps in another post.

Ok, so in my next step in diagnosing i wanted to change the board to another theme (I was going to use subsilver2 and make it the default) delete everything that had to do with prosilver, and then do the same in reverse.

Since i already had a full download of RC4 on my computer, i just uploaded the subsilver2 directory into the styles directory on my board. I then tried to install subsilver2, but it kept giving me an error about picking the imageset and something else... i wish i could remember exactly. So i took a look in imageset\themes\templates and noticed that subsilver2 was already in there under installed styles although it wasnt really installed. I tried to delete it and it would do nothing when i pressed delete. It wouldnt do anything when i pressed edit or details either. So at this poing i gave up on subsilver2 and i found another style to try. (Adrenaline)
I downloaded the style above, and uploaded the files that it said to upload in the readme file, and then purged the cache on the board. Once i did that i tried to install the style in the ACP and i got an error almost exactly similiar to this one: (Found after a bit of searching)

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&p=3164595
The thread above pointed me to a "fix" to be used at my own risk at this address:

http://www.ktuk.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2646&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
I followed the directions in the above thread (After doing a full backup via cpanel), and the "fix" installed with no problems. Removed the Install directory from my board, and then cleared the cache. When i went back into the styles tab, i at first tried to delete the subsilver2 traces that were said to be installed although they were not. They deleted with no problems, and i cleared the cache again. (I tried to make it a habbit to clear the cache after just about everything so i could try to narrow down the problem as best i could.)
At this point since i was now able to completely delete subsilver2, i tried to refresh the prosilver template. Still same original error. So i go ahead and install the "Adrenaline" style finally choosing it to NOT be active and NOT to be the default theme. (Purged cache) Then i made it active and the default theme. (Purged cache) I deleted all traces of prosilver from the board, (Purged cache) and then delete the prosilver directory via ftp. I then uploaded the prosilver theme again via ftp from the RC4 download (from earlier) and then install in in ACP choosing it to NOT be active and NOT to be the default theme. (Purged cache) Then i made it active and made it the default theme. (Purged cache). At this point i deactivated the Adrenaline theme and deleted all traces of it. Removed the folder and associated file via ftp, and purged cache on the board again. I then re-enabled the board, and checked to make sure everything seemed to be just the way it was before. I was pleased, and then i went to ACP and cleared the cache one last time.
Now it was time to test the template refresh. SUCCESS!!! Template, Themes, and Imagesets refreshed with no problems at all. The even funnier thing is that it seems the board runs much faster then it did before.

I know there was alot of info here, but i wanted to document the steps i took to get this fixed. I will also post (if there are no questions that need to be answered) in about a week to let you know if the problem returned.

Hope this helps :D

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:33 pm

I'm glad you fixed it :)
I will try the same next time it happens with me, although i will need to re-read you 2nd post as there is quite alot of info there :)

Fraser

Muad''Dib

Post by Muad''Dib » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:30 pm

I just wanted to post that the problem has not resurfaced since i did the steps i posted previously. Successfull updates to RC5, and everything is running smooth.
Thanks.

Forum-UK.co.uk

Post by Forum-UK.co.uk » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:24 pm

I havent seen the problem for a while now. I'm glad its gone! :lol:

Fraser

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”