Note*Sorry for the double post, but i thought it would be cleaner to describe my next steps in another post.
Ok, so in my next step in diagnosing i wanted to change the board to another theme (I was going to use subsilver2 and make it the default) delete everything that had to do with prosilver, and then do the same in reverse.
Since i already had a full download of RC4 on my computer, i just uploaded the subsilver2 directory into the styles directory on my board. I then tried to install subsilver2, but it kept giving me an error about picking the imageset and something else... i wish i could remember exactly. So i took a look in imageset\themes\templates and noticed that subsilver2 was already in there under installed styles although it wasnt really installed. I tried to delete it and it would do nothing when i pressed delete. It wouldnt do anything when i pressed edit or details either. So at this poing i gave up on subsilver2 and i found another style to try. (Adrenaline)
I downloaded the style above, and uploaded the files that it said to upload in the readme file, and then purged the cache on the board. Once i did that i tried to install the style in the ACP and i got an error almost exactly similiar to this one: (Found after a bit of searching)
Code: Select all
The thread above pointed me to a "fix" to be used at my own risk at this address:
Code: Select all
I followed the directions in the above thread (After doing a full backup via cpanel), and the "fix" installed with no problems. Removed the Install directory from my board, and then cleared the cache. When i went back into the styles tab, i at first tried to delete the subsilver2 traces that were said to be installed although they were not. They deleted with no problems, and i cleared the cache again. (I tried to make it a habbit to clear the cache after just about everything so i could try to narrow down the problem as best i could.)
At this point since i was now able to completely delete subsilver2, i tried to refresh the prosilver template. Still same original error. So i go ahead and install the "Adrenaline" style finally choosing it to NOT be active and NOT to be the default theme. (Purged cache) Then i made it active and the default theme. (Purged cache) I deleted all traces of prosilver from the board, (Purged cache) and then delete the prosilver directory via ftp. I then uploaded the prosilver theme again via ftp from the RC4 download (from earlier) and then install in in ACP choosing it to NOT be active and NOT to be the default theme. (Purged cache) Then i made it active and made it the default theme. (Purged cache). At this point i deactivated the Adrenaline theme and deleted all traces of it. Removed the folder and associated file via ftp, and purged cache on the board again. I then re-enabled the board, and checked to make sure everything seemed to be just the way it was before. I was pleased, and then i went to ACP and cleared the cache one last time.
Now it was time to test the template refresh. SUCCESS!!! Template, Themes, and Imagesets refreshed with no problems at all. The even funnier thing is that it seems the board runs much faster then it did before.
I know there was alot of info here, but i wanted to document the steps i took to get this fixed. I will also post (if there are no questions that need to be answered) in about a week to let you know if the problem returned.
Hope this helps