Conversion times out

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
mogster

Conversion times out

Post by mogster »

phpBB2>phpBB3.RC4
Dies at this page after 15~ seconds:
/install/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=phpbb20&confirm=1

all I see is a white screen.

When I go back to the conversion tab on /install, I get:
"A previous conversion attempt has been determined. You are now able to choose between starting a new conversion or continuing the conversion."

I click continue, and the same thing happens again. White screen after 15~ seconds.
Tried in IE, instead, IE displays "The page cannot be displayed".
Starting a new conversion does the same thing.
searchforme

Re: Conversion times out

Post by searchforme »

had this same problem.. i had to keep hitting refresh untill i was able to progress, but still wasnt able to view the very last step, but it said thangs were upgraded... but now my prosilver is messed up it says things like this at the very top , thank goodness my prosilver is not default style
<<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file <<<<<<< Current original file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file ======= End of current file / Begin of new updated file >>>>>>> New updated file
how can i fix this? re-upload prosilver ?
mogster

Post by mogster »

Well, I tried refreshing over and over each time the page stopped loading again, I watched in the phpBB3 admin ACP is my database size wobbled around with each refresh.
So at first, nothing appeared, then I tried a full resync.
Which each refresh+resync the "Number of posts" statistic is going up and down (yes, down, too). NO users have been copied, hardly anything is being copied (if nothing). I have refreshed loads.
So I tried renaming the install folder, and it shows "This board has no forums." on the index.

Something fishy is going on.
It's not anything to do with my browser/firewall/etc, I got Rikki to try from his PC, same thing happened. Think there's a bug in the converter that doesn't like certain databases.
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

Duplicate of another topic you started. Please keep to one topic - I will close the other one.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
searchforme

Post by searchforme »

mogster wrote: Something fishy is going on.
It's not anything to do with my browser/firewall/etc, I got Rikki to try from his PC, same thing happened. Think there's a bug in the converter that doesn't like certain databases.
from RC1 to RC2 there were some minor problems
RC2 to RC3 there were no problems, was very easy & quick
RC3 to RC4 there are problems to cause concern

all using automatic update
mogster

Post by mogster »

Submitted a ticket on the bug tracker:
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=13909
mogster

Post by mogster »

Which has now been closed on the bug tracker... ugh, I'm convinced this a bug, my database hasn't been modded much at all, and the database converted fine into RC3.
Please get this fixed before final.
TheFifthHorseman

Post by TheFifthHorseman »

I get the exact same problem. I have tried loads of things but after 15 seconds, white screen and a few records, roughly a meg each time gets loaded to database? Any new solution to this particular problem?
TheFifthHorseman

Post by TheFifthHorseman »

Ok guys,

I think the problem lies with our hosts. I got on to them and they said the max_execution is the problem. I am therefore going to try and install phpbb2 and phpbb3 on my local machine. Then I will restore my phpbb2 database, convert to phpbb3, then ftp the file I backed up and restore into my new phpbb3 installation. If that restore fails, I will get the hosts to do it for me. I think that should solve the problems? What do people think?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Yes it'll be a host issue which is why the bug ticket was closed. It's not a bug in the converter.

Easiest way is to download the database to your pc, install phpBB locally using easyphp or XMAPP, convert, upload and restore.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
jmryanuk

Post by jmryanuk »

Hi Folks!

I also have this problem and it has not been resolved.

I emailed my hosts and had a reply at this topic>>>

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=571811

James

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”