Global announcements invisible to ordinary users

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
DBM

Re: Global announcements invisible to ordinary users

Post by DBM »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:If you'd provide the exact error, I could probably find a new fix.
Ok, it's Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LOGICAL_AND in (mydomain.com)/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 216
DBM

Post by DBM »

AJD, I retried it and I think I didn't paste it in right the first time.

However, I now get Fatal error: Call to undefined function: set_url() in /public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 299
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Well...set_url() does not appear in the phpBB core code at all. Which puts us back at a mistake in installing a MOD somewhere -- perhaps you did not re-copy a file included with one of your MODs.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
DBM

Post by DBM »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:Well...set_url() does not appear in the phpBB core code at all. Which puts us back at a mistake in installing a MOD somewhere -- perhaps you did not re-copy a file included with one of your MODs.
That function call does indeed come from a MOD. But as I say, I copied the exact set of files which were working perfectly on the test board. There was no global announcements error on there.

Now it may be that I can't simply copy the files across like that, maybe I have to start with totally vanilla RC5 files, do the database update, then copy across only the changed files from the test board.

But I'm also thinking that it may be something that's corrupted in my database somewhere? I've followed the correct upgrade path from 2.0.22 to RC1,2,3 etc, so I don't see why this would be the case, but it's very odd that the exact same error came up with a fresh set of files when they worked perfectly on the test board. :|

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”