Newtopic/postreply buttons disappear randomly

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
statm
Name: Matt

Newtopic/postreply buttons disappear randomly

Post by statm » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:25 pm

Your board's URL: Localhost board
Version of phpBB3: RC4
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? happens on fresh,upgrade, and conversion.
Was this an install through your host? no
MODs you have installed: none
When the problem started: Alittle while into designing my style

The attachment shows viewtopic but this also happens on viewforum as well. Sometimes you can view a post and the postreply button can be there and then view another post the button is gone, as with Viewforum. I've seen this happen more on empty subforums but it happens everywhere.

First I thought it was a database problem but Ive seen this work on a newly created database as well as a few year old database.

I was told on the bug tracker that its either wrong permissions, the template or an invalid imageset.

IMHO, it cant be permissions because the button is there one time and you can go back and its gone. It either has to be the template or an invalid imageset. How can I fix an invalid imageset? or What can I do to the template to make the random problem go away?

Im using a variant of subsilver2 that I redesigned.
Attachments
buttonbug.jpg
buttonbug.jpg (8.24 KiB) Viewed 120 times

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”