phpbb3 integration in a html page

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
reyyy

phpbb3 integration in a html page

Post by reyyy »

Hello,
i searched around but didn't find exactly what i need. What i was trying to do, is to put phpbb3 (RC5) into content of my site, so it would have all my site graphics and menu. I tried with iframe, but that was not exactly what i needed. If anyone could create a step by step guide on how to show phpbb3 within your site content, i would be very thankful.

Best regards,

reyyy
sp3ctre

Re: phpbb3 integration in a html page

Post by sp3ctre »

That's an interesting point... I have a site with the search box/number of people online etc on the front page... I presume I'll have to re-do all this once version 3 comes out?
reyyy

Post by reyyy »

sp3ctre wrote:That's an interesting point... I have a site with the search box/number of people online etc on the front page... I presume I'll have to re-do all this once version 3 comes out?

There is not much time until final release of phpbb3 comes out, but i think there won't be any difference between is that guide made on RC5 or final version, as code part used for integrating phpbb3 within a website content most probably won't change. Only maybe phpbb3 dev team could make it simplier to integrate this forum with html page in future
reyyy

Post by reyyy »

*bump*
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

reyyy wrote: There is not much time until final release of phpbb3 comes out, but i think there won't be any difference between is that guide made on RC5 or final version, as code part used for integrating phpbb3 within a website content most probably won't change. Only maybe phpbb3 dev team could make it simplier to integrate this forum with html page in future
Please can you point me in the right direction of the guide, looks like I must have missed it. My existing forum is v2 and I just want to prep as much on my dev forum as possible before gold comes out.

Thanks
reyyy

Post by reyyy »

sp3ctre wrote: Please can you point me in the right direction of the guide, looks like I must have missed it.
I don't have a guide neither there is such for phpbb3. That's why i was asking someone to make it. If you meant that.
reyyy

Post by reyyy »

*bump*
SpongeWeb

Post by SpongeWeb »

You can make extra pages that include the template on phpbb3

you will have to make them php pages though, not html

my home page http://www.websponge.net includes the header and footer from the template files of the forum,

is this what you mean?
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing, when you forget the words..
reyyy

Post by reyyy »

SpongeWeb wrote:You can make extra pages that include the template on phpbb3

you will have to make them php pages though, not html

my home page http://www.websponge.net includes the header and footer from the template files of the forum,

is this what you mean?
Not really, i want it like it's in this page http://www.phpbb.com/community/ .
reyyy

Post by reyyy »

*bump*
Rotsblok
Name: Rikkert Westa

Post by Rotsblok »

TBH thats just the forum index with modified header and custom navigation
Nederlandse Support site
Several dutch translations for 3.1 extensions if you need one or there is an update of an extension feel free to notify me.
reyyy

Post by reyyy »

Rotsblok wrote:TBH thats just the forum index with modified header and custom navigation
It's not so easy, i mean i edited index_body.html, overall_footer.html and overall_header.html and there were no problems, but when i uploaded these files, error showed up-

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/ultimate/public_html/prophecyofwar/forum/includes/template.php(166) : eval()'d code on line 62
166 line is this-

165   {
			         166   eval(' ?>' . $this->compiled_code[$handle] . '<?php ');
		                 167   }
and 62 line is this-

62		return true;
	                              63           }
So to be honest i don't understand why it's giving out this error.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

The error is a result of you making an error in one of the template files, the error is not in the template.php
reyyy

Post by reyyy »

karlsemple wrote:The error is a result of you making an error in one of the template files, the error is not in the template.php
I tried to edit it now,i made a mistake somewhere, but if i write completely my own index_body.html, overall_footer.html and overall_header.html it will cause also errors?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”