Permissions (quick answer)

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Danaldinho

Permissions (quick answer)

Post by Danaldinho » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:28 pm

I was just wondering that i have like over 50 forums on my forum with extra sub forums, but im only just setting it up and i was wondering now when i go "Groups Forum Permissions" and click on a usergroup then click all forums, it shows i have to edit each one from "No role assigned" to whatever they need like "Full Acces" etc

Anyway i was wondering is there a quicker way to do this for: Admins, Mods, Bots, Reg Users And Guests

So i dont need to do all the over 50 forums for all of them

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Permissions (quick answer)

Post by Brf » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:32 pm

You can set up one forum with the permissions you want for all groups, then copy permissions from that forum to each of the others... but with 50 forums to copy, it might not be any quicker....

dark/Rain

Post by dark/Rain » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:34 pm

Try this: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 1#p2993871
(You have to adapt it to your needs of course...)

dark/Rain

Post by dark/Rain » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:44 pm

Danaldinho, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=3200498#p3200498 wrote:What about for the mods one and the others then dark/Rain
If you want to set the same permissions for all forums but differently for each usergroup, just repeat it for each group, i.e.:
Select your first group, then all forums, "set the permission role for the first forum, then click on 'Advanced permissions', 'Mark all', 'Apply permissions'".
Then do the same for the second group and so on.

...or did I misunderstand you?

Danaldinho

Post by Danaldinho » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:44 pm

For the other ones like the Mods one or the Bots and Guests one you cant do though as if you click mark all, it gives bad permissions

Thats what im saying

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”